or Connect

Posts by Amor Rays

I have four children ages 15,10,8, and 5 and I've been through a lot of parenting books and styles and if you choose to read only one parenting book I highly recommend   "Connection Parenting" by Pam Leo.   It's wonderful, easy to read and easy to use her tools.  Parenting through connection instead of coersion and with love instead of fear.  It takes attachment parenting beyond the baby and toddler years.  Similar to NVC (nonviolent communication)
I have gained 15 pounds already and I feel huge.    I am suffering from Diastasis recti (also known as abdominal separation) which is more cosmetic but it is annoying with our image based culture.  I feel ugly sometimes
I am a doula and I am choosing not to have one.  Doula's aren't for everyone.  I do highly recommend a doula for first time mothers that birthing in the hospital, or for a vbac in the hospital.
This chart is really fun and so far has been accurate for all four of my children, all five of my neighbors, both of my other neighbors and only wrong on one neighbor. Let me know what you think. Studies say that it's supposed to be 90% accurate.           http://www.babygenderprediction.com/chinese-gender-chart.html
I love the ergo type and the moby wrap type, both can be made at home if you are a litttle crafty, obviously the moby being easier
I went to my first ob appointment on Thursday and I thought the dr was really nice and sweet and spent lots of time with me.    However I am appalled that she recommend that I get induced by breaking my water before I go into labor on my own,   Just in case I don't make it to the hospital in time, because I had one of my kids on the way to the hospital in the car.    I told her I might do a home birth, although I know I'm doing a home birth.  I just didn't...
My first four pregnancy's were great. But this time I'm so swollen and bloated I look like I'm term already. It hurts to move around. 
I had my son when I was 16 and my own mom bullied me into circ'ing him.  The one parenting choice I regret the most.  I can't believe I let them do that to my son.  I wish it wasn't paid for by my insurance or I would never have done it.  It looked so painful for him, I won't go into the gory details unless someone wants them.  But it was GROSS and very painful looking, especially when trying to change his diapers.   They even missed a part and later wanted me to pull it...
Considering that I've already had one birth completely unassisted and one with a midwife, one in the car on the way to the hospital and the first in the hospital, You would think that I know what I'm doing and that I feel fine.  My friend and next door neighbor is a CNM has seen me twice and supports me in doing this unassisted and will be available in I need/want her.  I thought it was a pretty ideal situation.    Considering that I live in Hawaii and there have...
I've seen my midwife once, and will see a Dr once because I've been threatened by cps, (don't know who called or why) that if I don't get prenatal they will take my baby.  I don't think they can but Im going anyway if it will make my life easier.   About US, I don't know if it's true but a mw once told me that they know you're having a boy because the sound frequency gives boys an erection.