or Connect

Posts by writermama12

What are some good snacks to eat while laboring? 
Hi Ladies, I thought it would be fun to share some of our birth dreams as we have babies on the brain. I've been having some intense dreams lately. In one I had a baby girl which was a shock in the dream (I'm expecting a boy) but I was so ecstatic that I cried and just adored her and couldn't believe my luck. But the strangest one I had a few nights ago. I birthed a baby boy with a HUGE nose that was very pliable and squishy. I was so sad for him and tried to roll it up...
Sunshine, you gave me a great idea for a new thread about dreams...
Soooo, I am definitely feeling different today. I've been having some pretty strong irregular contractions with cramping and stomach aches mixed with weaker contractions every so often for the past 4 hours. They are beginning to fizzle out now, but had kind of peaked in intensity like an hour ago and made me consider this actually being early labor, but now I feel like this was just a pretty good practice session. My MW reminded me that I could have this happen a few...
I loved your story, especially all of the details about your birth process and what you were thinking along the way. Thanks for sharing it.
Oh, how exciting!! I am so happy for you Melany! 
37+2 in my junkie painting clothes and baby is in a LOA position right now so my belly feels really tight and hard. Hurray for the good position, baby.     
Lightforest, My baby is ROT too and moves all the time as well. It may be because of your positive attitude that I am also not worrying about it deliberately. I refuse to make myself stressed out. If he flipped back in breech or something, that might be a different story though.    I have enjoyed the discussion of EPO and have decided to take it this time. This is the first time I will be trying it and taking RRL tea. I am also getting frisky with DH every day. I am...
Strangest nesting urge? Completely repainting and rearranging the kitchen, spontaneously. We decided to do it in the morning, talked about a color briefly and 30 min later I was back with paint and rollers.   What have you done the last week to prepare for baby? The kitchen. We are still working on the cabinets now but the walls look amazing. I also have been particularly diligent keeping the lower part of the house tidy and vacuumed.    What have you done that...
MIssMuffet, The way you prepare dates sounds sooo DELICIOUS! I'm going to try it.