or Connect

Posts by writermama12

No, my water doesn't break before labor. I've had three babies. My first I was at 7 cm and the nurses turned me on my side and I felt a distinct POP and gush of war liquid. With my second and third, I was near transition (with very fast 3 hour labors) and felt the familiar POP and gush (I was in a birthing tub both times, so no mess).
Snow, I am writing a young adult novel, which is my first go at this genre but I review and analyze it for a living so I feel really moved to write one. I am making it more literarily based than just slush though.   Mama2CL, So interesting you mention moontime. I just came across this awesome summary of what it is on the Empowered Sustenance blog I follow. I would have ignored it but remembered you mentioning it in your post, so I read it and I am fascinated! How long...
Being a woman is crazy business. After I gave all that good advice (that I fully believed 100%) I started longing again. But it's probably because I am due to O any day now. I am trying out my OPKs and it is confusing. they are all like different shades of negative for the past four days. I think this is normal, but I am afraid of missing the surge so I keep POAS to try to catch it...and since I am paying attention to my O time, I am also thinking about the egg that will...
Mama2, Those are great, rational reasons...if it were me, I'd think about how I might feel after getting pregnant. Will you regret not waiting the few extra months for any one of these reasons? Hormones and emotions are powerful forces, and it can feel soooo satisfying to give into them, but I'd weigh that momentary bliss against your goals. I am trying really hard to do this right now. I absolutely have goals like finishing writing a book, bfing ds3 until he is at least...
Katy, Big projects? For me, I am going to try my hardest to finish writing a YA novel before the next baby (if there is one). I have written 2 chapters so far and I am serious about doing it, dedicating 6 hours a week to writing only the novel, so yeah, it is one reason that I am trying to reign in my "fertility horses" that want to run free. Seven, I am happy you have a plan that feels right for you! That's great.  And thestars, hahaha! fertitlity goddess, yes that...
Welcome Andthestars!   Sooooo, dh is sooooo dreamy to me right now! He told me that he will make as many babies as I want! Oh, what?!? Good thing for our pocket book hat I don't have plans to have many more but this news also somehow calms any anxiety I secretly harbor over planning children, spacing, gender...etc. He also said whenever it happens is great. We'll be fine. I am loving his spontaneity and easy-going vibes. He's such a hippie in an intellectual...
Oooo, kinda exciting 3lilchunklins, will be watching here.   I have been rationalizing TTC sooner :) Yes, it seems like the best thing to do to wait, but then I think about all these other perks to having one sooner...like being the final baby into the mix while the others are still younger, being finished with the baby-anchor stage sooner and so I can join in on family outings and camping/hiking/fun once the middle boys are a little older rather than having a baby...
3LilChunkIins-- no need to be jealous!! I am not pregnant! AF today. Looks like my 2nd PP worked crazy-hard at ramping up my hormones to restart fertility or something because in all my years of pregnancies (6 total) and AF, I've never been so convinced that I was pregnant and been WRONG--HA! But really, despite this not being a good time, I was still pretty beat up over getting AF. Once I got attached to the idea of another baby, it was hard to let go.   Going forward I...
Hey Cynthia, Nope, don't know anyone else and I am not sure about this pregnancy either as I'm spotting, (would be due late Sept but I always go 2 weeks late)...I am sure in the next few days there will be a larger pool of pregnant ladies. How d I get the word out about needing another co leader or two?   Edit to add: I'm out. Thanks though.
BFN this morning. I don't know what to think of it yet. One side of me thinks it should be pretty accurate, the other side recalls my last pregnancy with a BFP finally at 19 dpo. So I guess I'll wait to see if I get a late period n test in a few days if AF doesn't show. Hmmm...