or Connect

Posts by julieinthesky

Hi!  Congrats on your pregnancy.  You can definitely try a VBA2C and it is great that you want to be as informed as possible.  I would start with finding your local ICAN group and finding the most supportive provider in your area.  That is going to be your biggest hurdle in achieving a VBA2C - finding someone who truly supports and wants to help you have your birth, not just someone who will potentially consider letting you maybe try laboring if you meet certain criteria. ...
Congrats on your pregnancy!  I haven't personally had a VBA2C (but have read tons of VBAMC success stories) but I had a VBAC and it was an awesome experience.    Unless you become high risk or have a "special scar" you should be able to VBAC.  The biggest challenge will be finding a supportive provider and hospital.  Where in Texas are you?  If you are in a bigger city there are a lot more options available to you.  My best advice as you start this journey is to prepare...
What state are you in?  Wow.  So what did you decide to do?
I am in Texas so I can't help you actually find someone, but have you checked with your local ICAN group?  They are typically the best resource for finding VBAC providers and should be able to let you know what your best local options are.  Good luck!
That makes me crazy that they would want to schedule a C when you've already had 2 VBACs!  Were they with a different provider? Do you typically go "late" with your babies?   I would decline the u/s, personally and just say you are certain of your dates.  Unless it was big enough that perhaps he is thinking twins? But if you're on baby #4, isn't it normal for your uterus to grow a little faster?
I have not personally gone through this but I am on a very active VBAC Facebook page with 2500+ members and I know it has been discussed many times there.  I also know there are women there who had this same plan and have been given c-sections without consent and against their will :(((  If you want the link to that group let me know and I'll post it.   I think having a good support team will be key since you will be busy!  I would just try to plan for every possible...
To answer  your original question about how likely you are to go into labor before 39 weeks, I would say not very likely.  It could happen but probably not.  The most important factor in VBAC success is having a truly supportive care provider, which unfortunately you don't have.  Honestly if you really want to VBAC and you aren't willing or able to switch doctors then you need to start thinking about how hard you are going to fight for it.  Will you be willing to refuse a...
I know the Central Texas Birth Center in Georgetown is working on adding new space specifically to take on clients who are on medicaid but I don't know where they are in that process.  Definitely give them a call! 
I hope everything is going well with you and you get some good info at the Birth Fair!  Keep us posted. 
Hmm, only having had one CS unless you are high risk for other reasons there should be providers willing to take you.    Definitely contact ICAN, go to a meeting if you can and they should have up to date info on VBAC friendly providers in your area. Even if you can't go to a meeting they should have an email group or a facebook page where you can get some information.   Have you considered a midwife and the home birth/birthing center route? My VBAC was at a birth center...