or Connect

Posts by wildmonkeys

Thanks Cynthia Moon, that is great perspective - thank you!
I stopped working FT 10 years ago and have been a freelancer. A few months ago, I went back to FT work and am surprised by how unsupportive some people are being. It actually seems to anger a few of my friends and my mom.   Whenever we talk my mom will say stuff like, "So what are you doing today?" If my answer mentions working it actually seems to make her mad.  A few of my friends keep inviting me to do stuff during the day and when I say I have to work, they act like...
Okay, so this seems like the correct thread for this :) Something that specifically is getting to me is home improvements and renovations. The house I live in was built in 1988.  The basement is unfinished, the kitchen leaves a lot to be desired, etc.  We STRECTCHED to get in this house and aren't making any improvements (except the cheap ones we can do ourselves like paint) Most of my friends and neighbors are having high end kitchen redos, new roofs, new furnaces,...
I don't think it is anyone's business because her family is receiving assistance - it is our business because she asked on the Internet.   I stand by that if you are uncomfortable enough to ask for permission - you aren't comfortable. That is my honest opinion.
I have no opinion on this; however, given that you asked it seems like you do.   So, honestly...I would wait until you feel like you can enjoy it without asking for permission.
Thanks for checking in!   It has gone like I thought it would and I am now completely swamped  My work weeks should go from 60ish back to about 35 by the middle of March and at this point it looks like I might wrap up my current projects at the end of June and then try not to line anything up over the summer.   I should have taken your advice and gotten ahead on Christmas, but I was nervous to spend money before I actually started working. I am trying very hard to shut...
We got one about 6 months ago and I LOVE IT!  An average trip to the grocery store (even Walmart) was costing me about $150 whereas at Aldi it is $100   Like others have said, I like that you rent your chart, don't get bags, and don't pay with credit.  It might sound weird but I like that the store is small and there isn't much variety. If I need chickpeas - there is one kind in once section, one kind of tortillas, etc. I get in and out of the store so much more quickly...
OP - I make a chick pea salad which is just chick peas, cut up grape or cherry tomatoes sliced in half and all of it marinated in a little olive oil, basil and olive oil.
Hi all, I have been doing freelance work for about 10 years. Overall I have done okay with it - especially when I had really little kids. Now everybody is in school and I am getting a bit worn out on the "feast or famine" nature of it.   Last year - I was slammed during summer vacation, the week before Christmas and Spring Break and had tons of weeks when the kids were in school and I had nothing.   Lately I have had no work and now it looks like I am going to be...
I'll go $27