or Connect

Posts by GoldBerry

Hey, ladies! You are all awsome and get inspirations to me!!! The running is going well- I am increasing the amount of time per week and the speed of my running. Funny thing- I feel much more fit and over all I think I have much better muscle tone, but I have lost no weight. I'm not eating more- I just don't get it. I must remember to do the free weight exercises because I think that helps. It's so funny to me- before I used to see people jogging and think,"Why do...
Hey- how's it going? I timed myself for the first time to see how fast I can run a mile. Not bad, but I think I do so much better when I just run for time and not worry about the miles. I'm working to increase my time slowly- 45 minuets by summer! Quote: Originally Posted by Meli65 Salvia, thank you for the book recommendation! I just requested it from my library -- I am 43 and running for exercise for the first time, thank you C25K. Question for you...
Hi, G! I have always run with the iPod and frankly without it I feel like I gain 10 pounds- I think it is hearing the heavy foot falls. I run on country roads with very light traffic and never thought about it until I picked up the book Running and Walking for women over 40 by Kathrine Switzer (I really recommend this book, btw). She is very much against wearing headphones- feels it is a safty issue- that someone some right up behind you without you knowing. Somehow I...
emsideways~ hi!Sorry, I do not have any advice/experience with jogging during ttc. I bet someone here or in the ttc forum must know. Now that you have had your first post, you can go wild! AnnetteMarie~ oh no! Heal well! Good jog today(no dogs!)- a full 30 mins with a little bit of speed work. If you run outside, do you wear headphones? Do you run in town or on country roads? Just wondering...
Good for you, Annette!
How is everyone doing? : I did a 30 min. jog today- my second jog after my two week injury break. I am going much slower than I was before the break and walking a bit more (2 or 3 30 second walks), but overall I am so excited to be back on the road! I resisted putting an ice pack on my feet because my feet are usually cold and that sounded like torture. But, I finally did it when the heel pain wasn't going away- it helps a lot! My new shoes don't make my feet feel 100%...
This is great! I'm in! ( hi, Greenlee!) I started running about a year ago when stress threatened to send me over the edge. I have never been able to run before so I felt like this was a miracle! I jog about three or four times a week for 20 to 30 mins. I've been off for two weeks because of pain in my heel- just did my first jog yesterday (20 mins) and it was great! Planning to go tomorrow for 30 mins. I've noticed how much better I feel when I jog- I have more...
Quote: Originally Posted by aweynsayl salvia, do you know where that thread lives? i would be interested in reading it. there was an awesome one about fec a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away, but i cant find it..... I can't find it either. I'll ask Greenlee about it- I think she started the thread, but maybe not. Back home after the family reunion. :
Quote: Originally Posted by aweynsayl [ anyone up for a stone exchange? i think we started talking about this once, but it never went anywhere.... not stones you buy... ones from where you live.... or visit.... i'm especially interested in stones from places where it's green and wet, lol.... for my summer rains/storms altar i'm planning (yeah, i'm already looking ahead to how i'm going to survive another AZ summer.... sigh.)... i wouldnt need them til...
:: Happy (early) Birthday, Greenmama!!:: Maia~ sorry about your aunt but glad her passing was peaceful!