or Connect

Posts by GoldBerry

Hello, all! Heather~ hugs and peace to you! Quote: Originally Posted by BurtsGirl I still don't feel completely comfortable with my path but I think so much of that has to do with just trusting my own instinct and only having myself to say, "yea, you're doing it right." I need to stop worrying about doing everything "right". Last year I found myself feeling like this a lot- wondering if I really was a Pagan- etc. But, I have decided-...
Quote: Originally Posted by peacelove Trying to grab a moment here so I can finally introduce myself properly. i was so happy to find you all here on mdc. I have been on the site for around a year and a half and never knew you were here until recently! : I am somewhat shy, and at times a bit of a hermit, but still crave community - especially in the spiritual sense. My dh is gone to work for 48 hours at a time (he's a firefighter), so I tend to...
Email sent!
Quote: Originally Posted by pixiemammy Actually on a vaguely related note, some of you might be interested to look at this, it's a beautiful garden on the outskirts of Galway, called Brigit's Garden, there are 4 gardens there, for Samhain, Imbolc, Bealtaine & Lughnasadh. It really is an amazing place, unfortunately we are nowhere near it now, but they celebrate all the festivals there, with bonfires and music, I'd say it would be amazing! Yowza!...
Quote: Originally Posted by kaliki_kila It's for adults (that's why the illustrations thing is kinda neat - a new thing they threw in there - there's not many, just a handful of charcoal illustrations). But it's not violent, just kind of spooky and quirky like the style of Shirley Jackson. I loved it No, it's considered a young adult book- it just won the Newberry Award. I'm glad to hear it's not violent- I'll read it first and see if it's a...
Quote: Originally Posted by SagMom http://www.ala.org/ala/alonline/curr...2009/cpsia.cfm According to the above, it's the CPSC's interpretation of the law that's causing a ruckus. "ALA Washington Office Executive Director Emily Sheketoff told American Libraries, “We have spoken with congressional offices and they have said that it was not congressional intent to include books” in the law." Sounds to me like more of a glitch, rather than a cause for...
what? who? where? crap, I'm so out of it. subbing till I can read up on this issue....
As I was a teenager in the 1980's I totally missed NKOTB, thank the goddess. Bet she doesn't know who Duran Duran was either.
Subbing... Not sure if they are crunchy, but we get Ranger Rick and My Big Back Yard- I like their Green leanings.
Quote: Originally Posted by kaliki_kila #12 The Graveyard Book by Neil Garman A man enters a house to murder a family, but the toddler escapes from his crib. He wanders up a grassy hill and enters a graveyard and the ghosts that live there protect him and raise him as their son. This one is similar to (or even better than) John Connoly's The Book of Lost Things or The Stolen Child by Keith Donohue. There are also illustrations all...