or Connect

Posts by ThePeacefulMama

It looks like I'm a little late in posting on here, but nonetheless, here I am. Guess Date: Feb 6 This will be our 2nd child Guess: Girl
I second "Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering" by Sarah Buckley. Great book! Right now I am reading "The Sacred Nature of Birth" by Kara Maria Anabda and really enjoying it. I tried to read "Birthing From Within" when I was pregnant with my son but just couldn't get into it. I plan to reread it, though, and suspect it will be more helpful now that I know more of who I am when it comes to birthing.
I am back after being absent for awhile. I need someone to talk to. Been TTC for #2 for 2+ years and I just needed to take a few months off to get a clear head. After two years of intensively trying with charting, temping, OPK's, Acupuncture, etc. I have taken a "vacation" from all of that. I haven't been charting, taking my temperatures, quit the Acupuncture, nothing. And it's been great! I even enrolled in Midwifery school, thinking it was time to put my energies...
So glad to find this thread here. I have just enrolled with AAMI and am very (VERY!!!!) excited to get going on this. I am in a similar boat to you, BirthIsAwesome. I am living in Germany and needed something I could do long-distance. Perhaps you can connect with me (if we aren't already friends!!!) on FB. I am Shana Ritter. In fact, I am happy to connect with any fellow Midwifery students. 
Hi, I'll introduce myself and you can add me to the waiting to O. I am 40; DH is 49. We have one DS, Dylan, who took two years ttc to conceive. He was born in October 2009 so he'll be three this October (he is still breastfed but is now night-weaned). My post-partum AF returned when DS was 12 months old and we started ttc right away. The first 6 months I didn't chart, hoping my body had "reset" after DS and I'd just get pregnant easily. Nope. So in March 2011, I started...
It is really hard to say. Some women find BF has no effect on their fertility (I have a friend who just found out she is pregnant and she is only 4 months post-partum and exclusively breastfeeding on demand!). And there are others who just cannot get pregnant until they totally wean. I am also TTC for #2 and am breastfeeding my son. He is 2-1/2 but he breastfeeds WAY more than 4 times a day. I'm going into my 34th ttc cycle now and just started seeing a TCM practitioner...
Sandy - Congratulations!!! Keeptryst - Congratulations!!! I enjoyed the blog article you posted and it gave me a lot to think about. Thank you. Happy - I haven't yet been able to find a GF bread that I like. Some of them even look decent but taste horrible. I am in Germany - haven't seen Udi's bagels here, but we do have Schar and Glutano products. I have found some GF pastas which are great. I do miss bread A LOT. We have great fresh-baked bread in all the bakeries...
Happy - Wow... those parallels are really amazing!!! I'd also be really interested to hear about the Maya massage. I'm quite okay with the BFN. Of course, I would have preferred a BFP, but It was very early to test so a bit of a longshot. The Gluten-Free change had been VERY hard for me. I am already (overall) a pretty healthy eater, so on one level, it just further improved the quality of my diet. But on another level, I've gone through anger, grief, sadness, jealousy...
I am so grateful for this thread and to have found it. It is just the tone of wisdom and peace that I would like to infuse into my 2ww.  Congratulations to all the BFP's and also Congratulations to all of those who are still waiting for your BFP's but are exploring how to do it in the spirit of mindfulness. I hope you don't mind if I join you. I have been reading the last several moon's worth of posts, but I hadn't posted in this forum in a few long time. So long...
Yes, when I traveled from the US to Canada without my husband, they asked for it, and luckily I had it. There was a lady being detained at Customs because she didn't have hers and she was VERY VERY VERY stressed. I would do it, just in case. It is a small effort to make for that peace of mind.