or Connect

Posts by eminvc

Congrats! Very exciting!
jessmn--I had mine at 27 weeks, which was just right for me. I started feeling really exhausted around that time, and even getting through my 2-hour shower was exhausting! But I still felt decent, got dressed up, etc. As far as getting everything truly ready, I'm now at nearly 33 weeks and have all the laundry done and everything pretty ready to go, but I have relied on my DH a ton for help...my "nesting" is more like me telling him various things to do around the house!...
LemonTwist-congrats! Cute babies!   SortaCrunchy-I have BH if I'm on my feet more than about 90 seconds. They do go away if I lay down, so I'm not worried and OB is not worried, but it is not convenient.   Now at 32 weeks + 3 days...first NST went fine today; babies were 4 lbs each at last ultrasound about 2 weeks ago (they only weigh 30 grams different from each other which is like .06 lb or something).   I am tired of being pregnant, but relieved that...
My OB pointed out the other day that most twins are born between 35-38 weeks, putting me as early as Jan. 18...gulp! Glad I decided not to go back to work for the last 2 weeks until then. I feel ready, though! I'm certainly ready to stop being uncomfortable. And if I go longer, great...but it is true, though we do hear stories about twins born at 38+ weeks, statistically they aren't that common.  
sortacrunchy/rblakley--ditto! In fact today I was just looking at my belly from a side angle thinking it must be increasing in size by the day! DH now has to spend part of the night in our other bedroom...I need to take over the whole bed. Turning from one side to the other is a massive (haha) endeavor. I'm even wondering if I need a new maternity support belt; mine has stretched out significantly and I'm not sure it can handle the last couple of weeks. Then again,...
Has anyone here had a post-partum doula before? Here are my reasons for leaning toward hiring one: -most family is about 5 hours away. While parents plan to come help for a week or so each, it is hard to nail down a schedule with my due date so up in the air (twins!) -twins! -first time mom! -I have some concerns about my mother helping out...love my mom, but she did not breastfeed and although she supports it in theory, she has made many comments about don't be...
Ditto. My OB banned sex at the 6-month mark for PTL concerns w/ twins, and I did not object. I also hurt at the end of the day, and work during the day so mornings really can't happen...but I think about it a lot. I'm looking forward to it soon!
I start 2x weekly NSTs next week, w/ 1x/week OB appt. I don't mind because it's twins and I'm close to the end! Alas, I'm also lucky that my insurance pays absolutely everything (no copay for anything prenatal, either).  
Yesterday I got, "You look like you're about ready to pop!"   I am not a popcorn machine, or a balloon. I found that phrasing particularly crass.  
Congrats, Lilysmama! Good job on the pumping, too. AdalinesMama-cute pics! Isn't it reassuring to know that their weights are at a good place, too?   withlittlelungs--I will just share that as of Thanksgiving week (27 weeks for me) I was hit with exhaustion that just has not lifted. I did have my shower at that time--another one to come at the beginning of my 33rd week which is pushing it, but that's how it had to be. Car seats will be installed by 32 weeks. Cribs...