or Connect

Posts by eminvc

I'm in coastal CA, too! Just keep in mind, if you haven't lived here before, we don't really have "autumn"...autumn is our summer...then it rains a little.
I plan to freeze up a storm over my 2-week Xmas break! I will be trying a couple of these: https://docs.google.com/file/d/1GdVAOPOtK1XL-f8Uwj0nrIv0GMGZ9gnDcMW1z0XEb3JTB02zAshyex8pEgFJ/edit   Along with some beef stew, a massive batch of whole-wheat crepes (so easy to fill w/ veg & cheese and call it a meal, or eat them for breakfast), carnitas, which I make in the crock pot and can be used in burritos, tacos, rice bowls, etc.   If I get a real burst of...
Ditto--iron in the prenatal, have been taking a 45 mg supplement since about 15 weeks, lots of red meat, spinach etc and my level was slightly low--I think 12? It was 1 pt. below the range but I think it may be getting worse. I've started adding some pumpkin seeds every day, drinking OJ w/ the iron supplement as vit C is supposed to increase absorption, and eating a handful or two of iron-fortified cereal. I get retested soon. I think I may be more anemic now and that...
I have this exact same thing! Everything I've read says it should pop out by now or soon. It is a little strange looking when I wear pants w/o the full belly panel, because I have this totally round belly with a hole in it!
I can't say I have ever had much energy this pregnancy. For me the "first trimester" with all its morning sickness and fatigue lasted until 20 weeks. Then I had about 6 weeks where I felt less tired and no more ms, but still needed a nap every weekend day. Now at 28 weeks, the intense fatigue has returned and I don't know how I will get through the next 3 weeks until I'm off work.   Not uplifting news, but that's just my experience. Also, anemia is more common in twin...
Beautiful boys, and awesome weights! This pic just gave me a big push of motivation, as I am getting TIRED and need something positive to focus on!   baileyandmikey--sorry about the bedrest. That would drive me nuts.   Glad to hear updates from everyone. Today is the "official" start of the 3rd trimester for me--28 weeks. The end is in sight! My appetite has slowed down quite a bit. No morning sickness but I am not very hungry at dinnertime, which is similar to how I...
We pretty much have everything we need, and will get the last couple of things on post-Christmas sales... The problem is, everything is just in a big pile in the "nursery" until DH assembles the cribs and we figure out what kind of dresser we can fit in there and, if I dare to dream, some shelving or storage bins. So right now it just looks like a room full of boxes and bags...sigh. Makes me tired just looking in there!  
So I'm a little more mainstream and don't mind the talk of drugs and whatnot, but last night at my childbirth class the nurse really got to me. Here's a transcript of our conversation (and a good reason I will never, ever get there early again and be stuck in one-on-one conversation): Nurse: When are you due again? Me: February 22 Nurse: You'll have your babies in January, since they're twins. Me: Well, I'm hoping for Feb. 1 at the earliest, as that will be 37...
When you have to wait in line at a public restroom and you start glaring at the people in front of you thinking, "Damn it, can't they see I'm PREGNANT?"   A couple of times people have let me cut in front of them. That is very nice. And I've actually come to expect it a little. This past weekend, having to stop at gas stations, McDonald's and the like during our too-long holiday road trip, not one single person let me cut...it was every woman for herself out there!
  Probably not the tastiest, but what about Ensure or other supplement-type drinks? I know you said no protein shakes but I think those are thinner than a shake (and blander would be my guess). And my personal favorite, nuts. Protein, fat, lots of calories for just a little handful of food...and shouldn't be strong enough to trigger any aversions. I started putting on weight a lot more quickly when I remembered to add in a handful of walnuts or almonds every day. You can...