or Connect

Posts by eminvc

So I want to buy a birthing ball to use at home in early labor, also just throughout the rest of the pregnancy for hip circles and other various yoga things. I went to Target today and got an exercise ball, but noticed when I got home that it specifically says "Do not use during pregnancy." Is there actually a difference between an exercise vs. yoga vs. birthing ball? If someone has one they particularly like, can you please provide a link? I just assumed it was all the...
Just had mine on Monday and got the results on Tuesday--I passed. I also had to do one at about 10 weeks in the pregnancy--my doctor just runs it I think to compare. I was so dreading it, but now that I'm not having hideous MS anymore it was not nearly as bad. It still tasted gross, though, and I felt kind of lightheaded and then sugar-crashy after. I do not drink soda and don't have a lot of sugary stuff in general, so my body does not enjoy such a sugar rush!
  I am wondering if it is possible to get a hold of the CD set without taking the class & without breaking the bank...I'm very interested in learning more about it, so please do share!
I've got it! I can send all my college students to your place and they can watch after your two year old! And clean the house, etc. I'm sure I can rent them out in some way :) No pelvic pressure whatsoever for me. Besides pain in my sides from my straining belly and some occasional nausea, and just tiredness, I am not really having a lot of symptoms at this point. But I am laying down every day on my lunch break and when I get home at 5 I pretty much park it on the couch...
I am envious of your relaxation! I have planned to work at least until Dec. 21st, and after the holidays only if I'm up to it, so I'm just counting down the days until I don't have to work anymore. It's just tiring. I don't have a physically demanding job, but between my pregnant brain and just having to "empathize" all the time (I'm a counselor at a college), it is exhausting nonetheless. I will go out earlier if need be, but am hoping to go until Dec. 21st. Also doing...
I will be 26 weeks on Friday, so not technically in the 3rd tri yet, but being that most twins come early I'm going to round up and say I'm there. I just feel a lot of uncertainty about it...as these are my first, I don't know how uncomfortable I'm going to get, how long I'm going to be able to work, etc, so that is causing me some anxiety but not an undue amount. I'm just such a planner typically that it feels strange to say, I'm going to work until I no longer feel...
No more talk about the return of MS, please! I dread it!!!! Arg. Found out I have slight anemia, which would explain my tiredness. Not enough to cause any alarm and I'm already taking an iron supplement so am just going to eat an extra iron-rich snack every day (yay, pumpkin seeds!) and remember to have some OJ w/ the iron supplement and see how that all goes.
My weight is all out in front, which I suppose is good but is also very uncomfortable in terms of straining on my sides. I have gained 25 lbs in 25 weeks, so I'm right on for where I wanted to be for twins--I was at 24 by 24 weeks and want to be at 28 by 28. I feel that my hunger is tapering off at this point--I no longer wake up famished in the middle of the night and am not always needing a pre-bedtime snack. My only real complaint is that with all the weight in...
Both of my boys have been head down since 21 weeks (I'm at 24.5 right now). Baby B was breech at 18 for the anatomy scan. I didn't feel him flip--I think as a first-time mama, I'm not tuned in to these things! I felt a lot of motion last night that could have been a flip, but it may have just been them kicking each other repeatedly.
Welcome to the new twin mamas-to-be, and congrats, withlittlelungs!   How is everyone doing? I am 24 weeks today and at exactly 24 lbs. weight gain. This was my goal per the Dr. Luke book--although I took the portions/servings with a grain of salt and ignored most of the specifics, I decided I really wanted to try for the early weight gain. I can't imagine what I would have gained if I would have followed the specifics, as I don't feel I've been eating TOO much; ie I...