or Connect

Posts by eminvc

Monday and Tuesday I had rather excruciating pain on my sides...a strained feeling. Tuesday night I had DH drive me to the Motherhood outlet and bought this support belt, which I see they no longer carry as of today, but it is available on Amazon. It's the Loving Comfort maternity support belt: http://www.amazon.com/Loving-Comfort-Maternity-Support-Small/dp/B000CED5G0/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351184879&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=loving+comfort+support+belt   I just...
Thanks for the recipes!! I am also planning on some things to prepare & freeze in December, when I'm off work, for when the babies come; mmm banana bread & chocolate chip scones!
Yikes! I am happy I have the insurance I do after reading the last couple of replies. The only thing I've paid out of pocket so far was $15 copay to see a dietician, which was a total joke, but I think DH appreciated the info. I guess HMO is the way to go IF you're having twins and love your doctor, like I do! I'm lucky in that sense.   @SortaCrunchy--I also broke down and got a support belt last night. I had so much pain Monday & yesterday afternoon & evening that I...
Protein--I am doing pretty well from my mental tally; it's especially important for twins! Here's what I have: breakfast--burrito w/ 2 eggs, little bit of cheese midmorning snack--cottage cheese,  and sometimes also wheat English muffin w/ peanut butter lunch--generally some kind of salad/pasta salad with chicken or turkey midafternoon snack--greek yogurt dinner--some kind of meat, sometimes side of beans pre-bed snack--either pudding made w/ milk, milkshake...
  Yeah, I have also read that they can only be passed from the mother, but then I've heard it can "skip a generation." I just think it's too coincidental to ignore. There are absolutely no twins on my mom's side of the family.
  Welcome and congrats, Jess and Coome! Yay, more twins!   Adaline'sMama and others on "the math"--I thought I read that 25% of di/di twins were identical and 75% were fraternal...there does seem to be a lot of confusion on this subject! Adline'sMama--how you feel when people start doing math is the look I get when I try to explain to people how di/di could be identical...all depends on if the cell splits after implanting or before...biology may scare most people even...
Ditto.   Also, the cafe here at work makes breakfast burritos with tater tots in them, which I have never craved before last week. But something about eggs, cheese and tater tots was irresistible to me all of a sudden!   And pumpkin everything, but that is true of me every autumn in a non-pregnant state anyway. Last night I made pumpkin mac n' cheese w/ whole wheat pasta, which was really tasty.
I am giving myself a break as well...if I do something 4 times a week, I will consider that a good accomplishment. I swim one day a week and do prenatal yoga one day a week--I actually love prenatal yoga but maybe it's because I just really love the teacher! Then 2 days a week I do either part of a video that's pilates-like or light weights.   I was taking prenatal pilates from an actual pregnant teacher, which was great. She really understood modifications and was...
Chloe'sMama--can you post a link to the CD? I'm not taking hypnobirthing but this sounds like a promising sleep solution!!   Thanks to all for suggestions & support...this seems to be an area that the pregnancy books really miss. It's mentioned but no solutions offered...it seems like yep, that's just the way it is. I'm thinking I may have to go off work earlier than anticipated. If I'm this much of a wreck at 22 weeks I can't even imagine how it's going to get.
What do I want? SLEEP! When do I want it? Preferably between 2-5am!   Does anyone else have this problem, or solutions? I go to sleep fine but wake up every night around 2-3 and absolutely can't get back to sleep. If I'm hungry, I get a snack. I count backwards. I do yoga breathing. I try to go to a calm place in my mind. Last night I got up and read for a bit and had a glass of milk, was feeling tired, but when I went back to bed still couldn't get back to sleep...