or Connect

Posts by path33

We just moved to the area and we're just catching up with all that's been happening with home birth midwives in the area. Apparently midwives need a supporting physician to participate in home births. It seems as though one of the main physicians who was backing many midwives in the area pulled out leaving many practices to close. I'm currently 3 weeks pregnant with my 3rd, and I'd love to have another home birth. Does anyone have any information on this or recommend a...
Oops, sorry...just saw your last post...It sounds like you are trusting your instincts and that's the most important thing to do! Again, best of luck to you and your family.
Not at all! I did the exact same thing and it was the most amazing experience of my life! Absolutely the best. I'm now pregnant with our 3rd and will most definitely be choosing another home birth. One important thing to consider is whether or not you trust and like the new midwife. For me, however, I had to make the decision pretty fast as the midwifery practice was full, and they were going to make an exception for me. I knew they were reputable, smart, caring, and...
Hello all,   My family just relocated here from Washington, DC and I'm currently pregnant with our 3rd child. My last little guy was a home birth and I'd love to find another midwife who participates in home births in the triangle area. There's a lot going on with home birth midwives in NC -- it's becoming harder for midwives to participate with mothers who choose a home birth. Would love any feedback! Thanks!
Hi all,   I've been following Mothering Magazine for many years now, but I just now decided to join as I'm pregnant with my third. For starters, I'm looking for a home birth midwife in the Triangle area of NC -- since we just relocated here from Washington, DC. My last little guy was a home birth and I'd love to have another one, but there's all sorts of happenings with home birth midwives in the area -- it's becoming harder for midwives to deliver babies at home...
Hmmm, I'm in the same boat. :) Posting here hoping this counts as another post! :)  
Hi all,   I know this thread is quite old, but my family just relocated to NC from Washington, DC, and I'm currently pregnant with our 3rd child. My last little guy was a home birth and I'd love to have another one. I came across Nancy Harmon's info, but I'd love to chat with anyone who has used her, or another home birth midwife in the area.   Thanks so much in advance!