or Connect

Posts by kathymuggle

But it is very unlikely he will be - chickenpox and flu aside.  CDC says so. How old is he?  There is little harm in waiting and seeing how this allergy plays out, except for the remote chance he will get one of the VADs.
I don't think the debate is about that. No one denies babies died from diptheria - although, given what we know about the historical death rate of diphtheria, I find 9/10 dying in one family odd.    The historical death rate is 10-20%, depending on age.   http://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/timelines/diphtheria I think they are arguing about legitimacy of using incredibly old gravestones to make some sort of point.   It is a very valid concern - we have no way of...
Being perfectly honest, I am not sure this is quite true. Pertussis is spread by droplets.  I imagine coughing or sneezing spreads droplets more effectively than breathing. Let's say an unvaxxed person takes an average of 3 weeks to be diagnosed.  They cough and sneeze all over people for 2-3 weeks, then, upon diagnosis, self quarantine as best they can for the rest of the illness.  They might also be too sick to really be out and about.  An unvaxxed person is unlikely to...
 A few ideas:  (and if you need more ideas, I suggest you start a thread  ). There are multiple lists cited here:http://community.babycenter.com/post/a30859003/new_list_of_vaccine_friendly_doctors_state_by_state Post in the tribe section on MDC and ask Ask someone who is alt friendly in your area - a friend, someone from La lache league, the health-food store, homeschoolers, a chiropractor, a midwife if you were lucky enough to have one/know one in the area.  This is how I...
lol. Scientism http://www.pbs.org/faithandreason/gengloss/sciism-body.html "Unlike the use of the scientific method as only one mode of reaching knowledge, scientism claims that science alone can render truth about the world and reality. Scientism's single-minded adherence to only the empirical, or testable, makes it a strictly scientifc worldview, in much the same way that a Protestant fundamentalism that rejects science can be seen as a strictly religious worldview....
 No, it doesn't. However, jennybodycount and other sites that are very harsh toward JM are responses that are completely out of proportion to anything she has said or done.   Some people are just full of hate - and there is something about portions of the pro-vax movement that attract a high degree of haters,  IMHO (and are they there because they get their rocks off on hate? or because they are actual strong advocates of vaccination?) In any event, I do not find...
Well, the hives do not look that bad to  me - just like chicken pox and measles spots do not look that bad to me.   That being said, this is an allergic reaction - and allergic reations can increase in severity over time.  It could be worse next time.  I would advise her to look into it.
I am not certain it would increase diagnosis per se, just push a diagnosis earlier, which is a good thing. As the CDC stats looks at those 8 and older, I cannot imagine it would affect rates very much.
All of the people on this thread, to the best of my knowledge, are laypeople.  Should we all not speak? If she has the right to speak, then why attack her? Nothing she has done has earned her sites like jennybodycount.  Shame on them.  I would posit that hate is worse than anything she has done (and with regards to vaccination, I do not think she has done anything wrong.) I wonder why people are afraid of criticism of vaccination programs?  To a degree, they should welcome...