or Connect

Posts by kathymuggle

read the copy on the photo, it says:   Immunize for healthy lives.   School is just around the corner so stay on schedule and be wise don't forget to have your child immunized!   Vaccine poetry on being wise…form McDonalds   
My oldest was vaccinated on schedule until about 13 months (so, he has the 12 month shots, but I stopped before the 18 month ones).   I had a relatively easy and drug -free pregnancy, although I did develop high blood pressure and was induced at 38 weeks.  He had a roughish birth, and inhaled meconium,  so he was on antibiotics in the first few days of life.    He was vaccinated per schedule in his first year of life.  He had no further antibiotics or needs of meds in...
I have had one vaccine reaction.  It did not influence my decisions re:vaccination, as, to the best of my knowledge, I don't think it did any long lasting damage, but it does show what strong pharmaceuticals vaccines are.   In 1989 I was re-vaccinated for MMR.  Don't ask - paperwork nightmare issue.   I was given the vaccine at school.  I passed out - almost instantly.  Thankfully I was sitting, and no harm came to me.  I woke up with a nurse patting my back and my...
Please share any vaccine reactions you or your child might have had.  Please post.  It is possible newbies do not know that people can react to vaccine and what it can look like.  Thanks!
I liked her initial letter - the one I linked to in the OP. I liked her follow-up article somewhat less:  http://westcoastprairiegirl.com/2014/03/20/solution-to-the-vaccination-debate/ In a nutshell she looked at the vaccination issue for 3 whole days (snort) and has decided that vaccines are good and save lives.  She also made the true point that conscientious objectors from wealthy countries make up a tiny % of those who go unvaxxed and pro-vaxxers are not going to...
I thought this was an interesting read   http://westcoastprairiegirl.com/2014/03/17/an-open-letter-to-the-national-post-condemning-its-bullying-platform/   "These bullies are worried about children not getting vaccinated yet, they seem to clearly promote disheartening, hateful, crushing behavior towards others; there is no debate on whether that kills.  It does.  Bullying has led to suicides.  Their despicable behavior just makes them hypocrites and it saddens me that...
One would think this would be an easy question to answer, but alas, no.  I spent 10 minutes on google and on phac in particular and got nowhere.   I know people died of measles in Canada during a large outbreak in 1989. That is the last I know of - but if others know otherwise, I am all ears.  
Spiderpig - you are sweet.  Welcome to MDC.   Her name is unique enough that it could be a privacy issue - when you are allowed to pm, let me know and I will tell you her first name for any prayers.
  I would like to move beyond just posting on MDC in terms of advocacy.  I am not quite sure how to start.  I do not even know if Canada or my home province have advocacy groups.  On one hand there is not much for me to advocate for - Canada is pretty good (although not perfect!) in terms of supporting vaccine choice.  The thing with Canada is it sometimes follows the USA in terms of policy.  The USA is  (was?) quite the superpower and it is wise to pay attention to what...
Thank you :)   I had a few details wrong - while she has been sufferring from anxiety for a while, and it has been worsening, this was the first time she missed school.  She end up missing it all week (well, Tue-Friday).  The school does not know what is up as far as DS knows, but her parents do.   I am still going to let her know that if she wants help but doesn't know where to turn, I can help her sort it out/get the ball rolling.