or Connect

Posts by kathymuggle

I can agree with this.  My issue is that those who are pro-vaccine compliance regularly try to paint not vaxxing as an unethical choice (when it isn't - if you believe, correctly or incorrectly, that vaccines are dangerous for your own children then it is your parental responsibility to keep vaccines away from your kids) but we rarely speak of the advantages to not vaccinating.  We do, a little, on MDC - but even then it is often a defensive move - someone starts on about...
 Smallpox and chicken pox are hardly comparable.  Shingles is worse than CP in the vast, vast majority of cases; the same cannot be said for smallpox. As per the second question, and straight off the cuff - no.  Utopian thinking can be quite dangerous - and whose utopia?  
 Let's start with shingles.  In the past, anyone who had chicken pox would receive an immune boost any time they were around someone with chicken pox.  This immune boost is thought to keep shingles in check.   Here is a article on the issue:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2563790/ This "no shingles for anyone" utopia  (which seems unlikely:  technically, you can get shingles post vaccination and the vaccine has a failure rate) will take 30-50 years.  That is...
Hi from Ontario.  I am sorry you are feeling so alone right now.   I know a fair number of non and selective vaxxers - we are out there.  There was an article recently bemoaning the low numbers of vaxxers in Canada - I don't know if it helps or not to know we are out here. I am sorry your friends are giving you a bit of a rough time over this.  I tend to think this zooming in on non-vaxxers thing will pass.  It is some internet driven fear based frenzy thing - and like all...
As per the question the title poses…..I don't know.  I have no idea what is behind the rise in chronic conditions in children (including but not limited to autism).  I do believe parents when they tell their story, though.     Pharmaceuticals can do a lot of good, and they can do a lot of harm, as well.  My own take is that everyone, but fetuses and babies in particular, should use pharmaceuticals cautiously.  There are lots of potentially dangerous things in this world...
  RIP.   
 I don't think you have the right to be altruistic with someones elses body.  
I am slowly making my way through this thread, but this jumped out at me. Should those who vaccinated their children against chicken pox, and are thus increasing the current rate of shingles in the vast majority of the population who has had chicken pox, be punished for increasing shingles in the population at large?  No.  The bottom line with health is that people have the right to use or not use prescribed medications as they see fit.  There are exceptions where medical...
My middle child has received no vaccines.  She is the picture of health (my healthiest child).     My youngest has had one vaccine -pneumococcal.  She was a candidate for it, IMHO…otherwise she would not have had it.  We don't do any by rote.  
If you can't copy and paste from the reader that is fine.  I might read it - but to be frank, probably not.  Thanks for the link anyways.  I suppose any adult who had a cardiovascular event can weigh the info for themselves.  Ciao. K.