or Connect

Posts by kathymuggle

Please clarify - is the "by" a typo and you meant "my"?  Thanks. K.
There are other points I would like to make, but I will stick to this: Most non-vaxxers do not think vaccines are THE cause of autism.  They think they might be a trigger in susceptible individuals.  There is quite the difference. That being said, I do not disagree with your post.  We do not have good data.  So , what, exactly is a mother to do?  Because parents  do have to decide what to do in terms of vaccines.  Should they just listen to whatever mainstream science  has...
It would be interesting to see if there are autism clusters around the coal plants.   I think coal plants are mostly in appalachia, which is fairly poor, IIRC.  Area of poveryt have slightly less diagnosis of ASD (although they very well might have the same amount of cases) simply because seeking an ASD diagnosis, particulalry if your child is very high functionning, might not be on your to-do list when feeding people, lack of transport, etc, take up so much of your...
Have a good one, kathy
Ok, I did a little more digging.  The 23% is correct.  I am not sure this is overly low for as a mail out survey, but I can agree it has limitations.     Here is one quote on how they tried to minimize bias:   "In order to minimize response bias, the true purpose of the study was not included on recruitment materials sent out to potential participants; instead, recruitment materials indicated that the purpose of the study was to investigate the general health outcomes...
good meme or bad meme - there is still a connection between Pinks disease and having autism in the family.  
Huh.  Interesting. From the Canadian statistics I linked in post 11: "Before 1954 – In the pre-vaccine era, large epidemics occurred every 2 to 3 years. Almost everyone got measles. Every year in Canada, measles was responsible for 50 to 75 deaths, 5000 hospital admissions....Since 1963 – The number of cases has fallen by over 99% (from about 350,000 per year before 1963....)"   So, going high end:  75/350  000 = 1/4666 fatality rate pre 1963  (low end :50/350...
 I almost completely do my own thing.  The list of things that bugs me about Girl Guides (mostly around fundraising and bureaucracy) is crazy long.  I have decided not to let it get in the way of delivering a much in demand program to this area. But-ugh-Girl Guides and Disney….. 
 I do not doubt 1/10 are hospitalised in the Uk for measles.  They get so few cases, they are probably fearful when they see it and do not know how to advice people to care for measles at home.  People are in the hospital as a precautionary measure. 60 years ago the fatality rate from measles on a per case was better than it is now in developed countries, and the hospital admissions were lower.  (One source - just comb through the stats, it proves this...