or Connect

Posts by kathymuggle

Well, I am more NV than sel/delayed, but if I were going to do MMR, I would do it between 5 and 10 or so.   "Following vaccination in children, reactions in joints are uncommon and generally of brief duration. In women, incidence rates for arthritis and arthralgia are generally higher than those seen in children (children: 0-3%; women: 12-26%),17,52,53 and the reactions tend to be more marked and of longer duration. Symptoms may persist for a matter of months or on rare...
I got an email from Girl Guides of Canada inviting me to a leadership program run by Disney.   Here is the link:   https://www.guidesontario.org/index.php/girl-guide-news/931-news-super-program-event-for-brownie-guiders-extended   Here is the guiding law:   be honest and trustworthy use my resources wisely respect myself and others recognize and use my talents and abilities protect our common environment live with courage and strength share in the...
Where I live, most private schools have uniforms.  Most publicly funded Catholic schools have uniforms, and most publicly funded secular schools do not (exceptions apply).  I like it this way.  I like having  no-uniform option schools for those who do not like uniforms.  To each their own.   I will also say that school uniforms in this area do end up costing families more $.  The uniforms are not cheap, and kids who wear uniforms need uniforms plus after school clothes.  
Dakota in red, I am in blue
This is what SR said about Mercola:   "Orac, in his blog post, Joe Mercola: Proof positive that quackery sells : Respectful Insolence, hits the nail on the head about Mercola, one of the biggest quacks on the internet.  I don’t know if Mercola actually believes in his particular brand of science-denialism, but he uses it for one reason:  to have people with legitimate medical concerns send their money to him.  In case you don’t click on the outlink above, here are some...
http://therefusers.com/refusers-newsroom/how-the-refusers-secretly-infiltrated-oracs-respectful-insolence-science-blog/#.UmZtVm-RhEc   Just read it.
Yes, I would send an email, and I would be explicit:   "Do not create any more "surprises" at our house.  I know you mean well, but given the  sensory issues and need for structure of several of the children, the surpises do not go over well.  This is not up for discussion - no more surprises.  We appreciate that you want to celebrate the seasons with the kids, and if you like, we can discuss ideas on how to celebrate ahead of time so everyone can enjoy the...
I saw this article linked elsewhere.  I don't love all of it, and it certainly does not apply to everyone here, but it makes some good points about keeping your cool with vaccine bullies.     It has six points that basically say be calm, be informed, know the opponents point of view, and know when to back off/take a break.     Good stuff.    I though this quote, which they lead off with, is genius:   "October is National Bully Prevention Month.  It is National...
That they were deceitful and they were caught does not change the fact they were deceitful.
Yeah, partly my fault, and I started the thread!   Vaxxers and non-vaxxers do not typically get along online. I don't know if there is too much water under the bridge so we don't cut each other much slack, or some people are more focused on winning or scoring points than anything else.  Probably both. It is kind of ironic - because I actually agree that vaxxers can be crunchy.  It was one of the things I was trying to show with the quiz.  Only 2 vaxxers posted their scores...