or Connect

Posts by bleuelephante

Oh sorry, yes, in the hospital :)
This is my 2nd baby. I've decided to go with a group of midwives instead of a regular OB like last time. Does anyone have experience with both? Is there anything I should plan to do differently with a midwife instead of an OB? I'm excited for this different approach to my prenatal care and I feel like everything is new. 
I am a wife and mother and I currently work part time. I have a bachelor of science degree in finance, but I have never been able to advance beyond making $15 an hour. I am unable to stop being embarrassed by this. I worked full time for about 6 years after college, then went to part time after I had my daughter. I'm now at a job with a small company that is not doing well financially, and just cut everyone's pay, so I'm now making the same hourly wage that I made in...
I am probably going to sound like such a child after writing this, but I'm feeling a little out of control with this, and just need a place to vent. I feel like I am constantly annoyed and angry at myself, at others, at the things around me. A big part of it is that my husband and I and now our little girl have been living with my parents for a few years as we saved for a house. We've paid them rent, we have privacy, all that is fine. There have been some great moments,...
To alaura24: Yes, those things sound almost exactly like the things I say to her. My first response is almost always, "it's okay" and I do start talking about everything, even if it's silly, I say all kinds of things, like "did you have good dreams, did you dream about your breakfast, should we have eggs or eggs for breakfast?" So, maybe I am doing everything I can. It just seems like they shouldn't be happening as much as they do.   BabySmurf: that is an...
She has never shown signs of pain while teething, so I don't think it is that. I think she has all her teeth except 2 molars, so that could be an option but I don't know. Her teeth have always come in very fast.    Thanks for those ideas. If I gave her anything with a spoon, she'd definitely try to eat the uncooked beans. The sponge idea is a good one. I'll have to get some sponges :) I can't do those things the second she wakes up though. I have been having a snack...
I have one 18-month old daughter. She seems like she is already into the terrible 2s. I know that every mother in the world deals with this, but I still feel very alone and at a loss with tantrums and/or repetitive whining. It is in those moments where I don't know if I can survive another child, but then again, I'd love to have several more children. Some days she is like an angel and happy about everything, but then a lot of the time, from the moment she wakes up she...
We'll be going to an ear/nose/throat doctor, so I guess that will be the 2nd opinion. But, we have to wait 3 weeks. 
Our 16 month old has never said a word. She makes noises and says bah, but never any other word-type sound. The doctor ordered a hearing test. The person who did the test said that she did not respond to low frequency sounds. They also looked in her ear and saw that she had some fluid in her ears, but they said she did not have an ear infection. And she has never had an ear infection. This person who did the test mentioned ear tubes, which sounds scary, and then referred...
I'm looking for a homeopathic/naturopath doctor in Ann Arbor, MI. I'm open to seeing a student naturopath or someone new that would charge less. Does anyone live near here or know anyone?