or Connect

Posts by bleuelephante

So, this is definitely not "child-led" weaning, but I wasn't sure where else to post. We have some fertility issues, and my endo has said that I'd need to wean before starting any treatment. I haven't even gotten my cycle back yet and baby girl is 11 months now, so perhaps I need to wean also to start my cycle up again as well. I'm not planning to try to wean until after 12 months, but I honestly haven't read a thing about it and I feel like I should have planned for...
I lost a good amount of weight this past year from eliminating sugar & processed foods and reducing most carbs. The only way I could do it was by totally eliminating those things completely from my diet. Over Thanksgiving I decided to let myself eat some different desserts and breads and I immediately gained 10 lbs in like a week! I also have thyroid issues, which might contribute to how fast I gain and how hard it is to lose. I am totally addicted to sugar, so I feel...
Thanks for your thoughts! I only have 1 baby girl so far, and I do sing with her all the time but I hope to have more children and I don't want my fears to influence them negatively. I don't mind singing in front of my husband. He doesn't understand music at all so he wouldn't know if someone could sing or not :)
I have always hated doing things in front of people, but the irony is that I grew up studying music and being in choirs and performing in front of people. I did alright in high school, I play the piano and guitar and was even in a band and sang solos, but when I went to college, I was in music and I started having panic attacks and serious anxiety about it to the point that I could no longer participate in any of these things. I do have talent and could probably have a...
Thank you for the response! My main concern was if I could leave it out on the counter for many days or what was the maximum amount of time I could leave it to culture? I want to space out my straining of the grains as much as I can, so as to not create more work for myself.   Another question, hoping someone can answer: My kefir always separates into curds and whey and I have a really hard time straining it. I shake it up to mix it together, then strain it and that...
No one has any comments about this? I don't have time to strain and remake kefir every single day, so people must get into a routine of once a week or something. How do I keep the grains alive if I only make it once a week?  
How and when do others make their kefir? How much do you drink per day? Do you make it once a week and leave it sit on the counter the whole week or put it in the fridge after it has kefired for 24 hrs? I'd like to make it only once a week and make sure I have enough but not too much. Do you only need 1 cup per day to get the benefits? I find that if I make a lot, people drink more of it, so trying to figure out a system that works for us. It's me and my husband, a...
Wow, I have never drank that much, only 1 or 2 cups in the morning. I stopped drinking it for about a month and I literally felt depressed in the mornings and it took me forever, absolutely forever to wake up. It was pitiful. That feeling did not go away and I missed it so much, so I've started drinking it again, haha! I drink organic coffee and only 1 cup in the morning, but I feel a lot better. So, I guess I'm weak, and maybe a month wasn't long enough to know if I my...
Sorry, didn't mean to sound snotty, just reread my post and it sounded that way. Just trying to figure it out myself.
But I'm not soaking grains, this has nothing to do with grains. They are called kefir "grains", but they aren't actually grains, it's just given that name. And it's milk that is left over, not water, so that post doesn't really have anything to do with the question.