or Connect

Posts by bleuelephante

Yeah, I wonder why there are no responses. Don't a lot of people on here make kefir? I've been rehydrating my kefir grains for 3 days now and thrown out the milk each night because I can't figure out what to do with it and it tastes weird. I don't know if it's safe to use in cooking, but I can't find the info anywhere.  
Here's the website: http://www.realmilk.com/where.html.   I don't know the answers to your other questions.  
I'm rehydrating kefir grains. What do I do with the milk that isn't kefir yet, but just had the grains sit in it for 24 hours? I hate to throw it away. It smells sorta yeasty. Is it healthy to drink or put in oatmeal or something? I'm not sure what it is now. Didn't the kefir feed on something in it, so what's missing from it now?
I'm new to this but I've found 3 farms in the area that allow you to "lease" a cow in order to get raw milk. Should I visit each farm? Does it matter how long they have been in business? The one I'm looking at has only been in business for 8 years and it's a person who started farming cows for raw dairy because they themselves starting drinking raw dairy and it helped them with various health issues. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing, seems like I should find...
Sorry for the TMI but I'm having trouble finding this info. I'm reading the GAPS book and she frequently references abnormal stool, but what is normal? I am wondering for myself mostly. I searched the forums but can only find info for babies. I've been trying to figure out my digestion issues. If I don't eat prunes and a fiber supplement every day, I frequently am constipated, and then when I can go I have pain, which doesn't seem normal. Shouldn't I be easily going...
Oh, the author also had an autistic child that she healed through nutrition, so that is amazing.  
I'm reading the GAPS book, and it is amazing. I have learned so much. Please read this book first. I don't have an autistic child, but she did have eczema and I have some other mild issues that might be helped by the diet. I am considering doing it, but want to read the whole book first.  
Questions about pumped milk. I've been pumping 1 or 2 ozs a day. Then I put it in the fridge to get cold, then xfr to a breastmilk bag for the freezer. If I pump again the next day, can I add this to the same freezer bag? I'm afraid that opening the freezer bag might rip it, since it is frozen solid by the next day. Also, does adding the cold milk (I'll put it in the fridge first) to the frozen milk shock it in some way? I was thinking it was better to gradually freeze...
Thanks, I'm taking a vitacost brand right now, but it doesn't say it needs refrigeration, and I don't know if I need 10mil, 20mil, 35mil or what is best. Also, I'm also learning how to make Kefir. If I drink Kefir everyday, is that better than any probiotic supplement and can I just skip the supplement if I'm consuming it in foods? Confused about this as well. Thanks for anyone's thoughts or experiences :)  
I'm confused about probiotics. There are so many different kinds, brands, and strengths. I have no idea what to buy. I want to take something every day and also give something to my baby girl. Can anyone break it down for me? Like, what strength I should use and any brand recommendations? Why do some say I need to refrigerate them and others don't say anything about refrigeration? Thank you so much!