or Connect

Posts by cmmst87

I think you mean "cyclical vomiting"?   Have you considered food allergies or intolerances? This might be a possibility.
Thanks so much for this! Am glad to hear from other parents with similar issues. You're right--moderation is key.   And yes--the poor kid could not live without our daily probiotic regimen. We're quite careful about this! But thanks so much for the tip!   I really think too much fiber may be our culprit here. We've scaled back entirely and will introduce small amounts much more slowly. He's had MUCH less stinky gas. We've actually had to use glycerin...
He's honestly pretty good at drinking water throughout the day. But since solid foods (or at least this MUCH) are "new" in a lot of ways, maybe I need to push water and scale back a little on the fiber. Fiber-rich foods are his favorite, and maybe he's really overdoing it. I hope so...it's a lot easier to make these kinds of adjustments than it is to eliminate yet another food. Thanks for your feedback here--we'll play with his fiber and water intake and see if this will...
thanks so much!! hopefully removing them gets us back on track...
After another *tough* night (screaming from pain, smelly gas, and continued constipation despite a glycerin suppository), am still trying to figure out what might be the culprit here. My son LOVES dried apricots and has a few (maybe three?) a day as a snack. He's only been eating them this regularly for about a month (before, he'd have one here or there), which would coincide with the start of our problems. Anyone know if this might be our suspect food? I've pulled all...
Hmmm. Thanks for this. I forgot to add: He's had yeast issues in the past (no surprise, I guess), and he's been on Diflucan for a month now at the advice of our functionalist med dr. (This is his second round--this all started after antibiotics to treat a sinus infection.) Anyway, could this be die-off? I hadn't honestly considered that, since he's been on the med for a month and otherwise seemed fine. During his first round of Diflucan this spring, he did experience...
My son had "delayed" hives at this age--that is, they didn't happen immediately as a reaction to something he had just come into contact with. Our allergist explained that it was basically his system signaling that there was an overload. (He was allergic/intolerant to most food proteins and has no known environmental or other allergies.) He's had hives quite a few times when his body has been on overload--due to antibiotics, for instance, or lingering food triggers. I...
So sorry you're going through this! We similarly had a tough time with allergies and intolerances, and milk supply issues drove us to formula, too. My son is allergic to corn, dairy, and soy (and many other things) and did not do well on any formulas except Neocate. It's rare that babies truly can't handle elemental formulas. If you haven't visited yet, I'd suggest you check out http://community.kidswithfoodallergies.org/. The parents there have been an invaluable...
Hi, All...   Sorry this post is a little long! Over the past two weeks or so, my 2 year old son has been having an issue with terrible smelling gas and constipation. He still moves his bowels once a day (so technically not "constipation" in its strictest sense), but his stool is suddenly harder, drier, and less frequent. He's always been *incredibly* regular--I can't remember a day when he didn't have a BM. The gas and hard stool issues are new. He's also been *very*...