or Connect

Posts by MamaTaraX

I'd ask the midwife what she thinks. It's absolutely amazing when naysaying family members meet midwives much of the time. They see that these are competent caring women, and in states where they are illegal, they see that they are willing to put their necks on the line to support a woman's right to birth where she pleases and have the best, safest experience possible. Definintely ask ahead of time though since said midwife is practicing at her own risk and occasionally...
The nurse sounds incredibly common. They are trained (some anyway) to offer medications and make suggestions to women at times when they are most easily coerced. It's really sad. It's sad and it's real and it's all too common. Reporting it may or may not have any effect. Of course, hospitals speak in terms of dollars, so letting them know that this "we push drugs even when women don't want it" attitude is leading women away from their particular hospital, well, that...
We had our second at an in-hospital birth centre. Just as I had convinced my partner to have a homebirth, the practice of midwives that he was comfortable with disbanded. At that time, he was not as comfortable with CPMs and there were no other CNMs doing homebirths. We could not afford the freestanding birth centre as we had state insurance, which they don't take, and couldn't afford it out of pocket. So we went to the in-hospital birth centre. I felt good that he...
So here I am in the middle of the night. I haven't lurked around MDC in the middle of the night in years and what a gem to stumble across! I haven't read replies, though I will. My third birth was absolutely amazing to everybody but me. I feel bad, sometimes ackward, talking about it and I've yet to meet anyone who really means it when they say "yeah, I get it". Lots of people say they do, but I can tell they are still thinking "really? That wasn't so bad". It...
Quote: Originally Posted by mwherbs I wrote maybe- what is the reason they want an attendant this time- I don't want to be back up for another UC secondly if mom is having feelings that something is not ok or is not going to be ok- perhaps the better referral is to someone with a hospital based practice- just speaking from experience here- women who were fine with their UC and are having some sort of intuition that they need help those women have...
I saw this in someone's siggy and had to see if it was what I thought it is. THe video is not working right now, however, from responses, I think it is what I have seen before. There is a wonderful video of this that was made some years ago. It shows a medicated baby trying to get to the breast as well. It made it, it just took a lot longer. The unmediated baby took about 20 minutes. There's a c/s baby too and it made it as well, it just took a while. I beleive that...
One Year Later: It's been almost a year! I've still not truly healed emotionally from this birth and have never felt very bonded with this baby. I will be healing from this birth for a long time, and I am okay with that possibility. I need a do-over birth His life has been like his birth: a whirlwind. He's grown up fast, walking sooner than his brothers. I'm thrilled that we've made it a year together. I love my little guy very very much and I look forward to...
Quote: Originally Posted by karen ann In Windows, look under Accessories > System Tools > Character Map. Make sure you have it set to the right font (Verdana is the default font here); it will show you all the available characters for the font. If you click on a character in the grid, it will show you at the bottom the quick keys for it. It will also give you the option to copy (and paste into another program). OMG. I never knew that!! I used...
Trippy, I'm pink too now! I didn't even notice! Okay, so I paid for a subsciption back in July that ends in a couple f weeks (January) Six months. But in my UserCP it says that I am a Level 1 - 1 year. Does that mean I get an additional six months or is that a typo/incorrect? Namaste, Tara
ow do ou find out what member level you are? What does each member level mean? Thanks! Namaste, Tara