or Connect

Posts by DannysMomma

I hadn't in a while because Mammoth Springs isn't exactly heavily populated.  I thought I'd have better luck here.  I'll check it out, though, thank you :)
Thank you so much MadelinesMama!  This is the FIRST specific recommendation I've been able to get, aside from "Burton Creek," which was a good start. Really, thank you!
I'm looking for a doc who won't freak out when it comes out that my daughter has only ever had 1 vaccine, and she's about to start kindergarten. I actually live on the MO side of the border, but Mammoth Springs is so very close, and I'm not having a lot of luck finding what I need in MO yet, so I thought I'd try this.   Part of the reason we've delayed vax is for food allergies, and we've got eczema from that, so a doc who could help us treat that at the source would...
New to the area, too - living an hour-point-five south of SPF in West Plains.  Hoping I can find something a little closer to home, but desperate for delayed-vax-friendly docs someone to treat our family's food allergy-related eczema at the root, rather than prescribing ointments.  We're uninsured at the moment, and I'm hesitant to file for state coverage lest I invite closer attention to my family for not vaccinating "the way you're supposed to".  Part of the reason for...
You're a little farther away than I'm looking, but I'm looking for the same thing in South-Central Missouri! (West Plains area).  I don't have any useful information, but I wanted to send you good-luck vibes and help you out by keeping your thread more visible! :)
Oh, dear, I completely forgot that I posted this, so long ago!  I was just cleaning up my subscriptions and stumbled across it.  For those who asked (if you're still around), we did end up going to the non-denominational church, which actually gave me the heebie-jeebies.  Maybe it was because the two people I knew there were so pushy about it, but I was really turned off, and I didn't like that the kids were separated from the parents for the ENTIRE service, and were...
Incidentally, if there's anyone in the area reading this, if you know of a nearby Buddhist temple or gathering place, we'd be much obliged for the information! :)
Lawrence was a lot of fun when I was growing up, and even as a twenty-something.  We just needed to get out and slow our lives down, so we moved out to the stix and surrounded ourselves by water and rolling hills, haha! Springfield is pretty-good sized.  I still find it daunting to drive through, and I've had to do it several times in the last two months!  There *is* an earthy, laid-back community there, though; a friend of mine told me about a natural foods store in...
Thank you, Miss Cynthia!  No bites here, yet, but I am in the running for a job at a crunch health mart in West Plains, and I've got a good feeling that will help me meet some new families, too. :-)  But I'll keep checking in here, there's GOTTA be someone else out there!
I live about two hours south of SPFD!  We just moved here from Lawrence, KS, so we're definitely in the market for like-minded friends nearby as well.  I have a five yo and seven yo.  Don't know about homeschool co-ops (as of right now, we're probably going to put the kids in public school in Thayer, because they crave the social aspect of the experience, but we use unschooling principles when school is out of session), but I do know one homeschooling family just outside...