or Connect

Posts by lbbike99

thank you pokeyAC and cordelia15.  I appreciate the positive thoughts!  And I'll talk to the known donor about sperm count testing.  Good point!    
So I went in for laparoscopic surgery on 9/5 and they removed my left fallopian tube, but I was able to keep my right one!  I am working on getting an HSG to see if the right tube is clear, meaning I could possibly conceive via IUI or ICI.  Doctor is optimistic.  :)   Also, a friend of mine approached me and offered to discuss the option of donating his sperm and possible co-parenting.  We stayed up talking till 4am about it last night!  Baby-daddy has a boyfriend...
Thank you, GoBecGo,  I really appreciate your insight and friend's experiences.  Good to know - and so true.  Thanks!
Thank you for the hugs, SilaMarila, and the interesting idea.  I'm not ready to think about that yet, but what a great idea.   Sourire and quantumleap, thank you both for such great answers about IVF.  I'm definitely grieving the loss of wholeness and "normalness" of my reproductive organs, but I like what you have to say about financing and twins.  I would be willing to accept twins.     Do they freeze unfertilized eggs to try and fertilize for the next...
Thank you toothfairy2be (cute name!) and artekah!  I appreciate it.  Lots of emotions, but hanging in there.  Trying not to worry about cancer, sad to say goodbye to part of my body... too much unknown right now.  But I'm feeling positive this afternoon, that's something! :)
Thank you, pokeyAC!  I really appreciate it! :)  And you're right - I am soooo glad I didn't spend a bunch of money on sperm that wasn't going to get anywhere...  I really liked the idea of home insemination, but in this case it paid off to get a medical opinion.   Thanks!
I went to my regular gyn yesterday to discuss feritility options because of my irregular periods.  He did a transvaginal ultrasound and it looked to him like my fallopian tubes are damaged - bilateral hydrosalpinges - and I have cysts.  He recommended a laparoscopic surgery to investigate and probably remove the fallopian tubes.   If he does this, my only pregnancy option is now IVF, which hadn't been an option I had previously been willing to consider.  Now that...
Thank you for the welcome, Outdoorsy and pokeyAC!  I wish you both all the best.   I had my doctors appointment today and it was bleak.  Transvaginal ultrasound showed multiple cyst like structures, and probably damaged fallopian tubes (both), and a left ovary that is not in the right place.  Doc is recommending laporoscopic surgery to investigate and remove the damaged parts. My only option at this point would then be IVF.   On the plus side, the uterus looks...
Hi there,   I'm just starting again after a year wait.  Last year my midwife recommended The Essential Guide to Lesbian Conception, Pregnancy and Birth by Kim Toevs and Stephanie Brill and I found it very helpful for all sorts of questions, reassurance, suggestions, etc.  I wanted to suggest it in case you hadn't run across it yet.  One of the parts I like is how to make at home (or clinic) inseminations special, either when you are single or with a partner.  There is a...
Hi all,    I wanted to introduce myself in this forum and connect with others going through the same thing or BTDT.  I am single, a passionate straight ally, and looking to be a mom via European Sperm Bank.   Last year I tried to conceive with sperm from a sperm bank with ICI vials at home, but my periods are really wacky - I ovulate late and randomly (if at all), which makes it hard to predict when to use the precious, expensive little vials of swimmers.  I...