or Connect

Posts by semicrunchymom

Vaccines being THE cause of autism? Really?!    Autism is a complex disorder whose origins seem vastly genetic, and is likely caused by a myriad of factors, not just one isolated variable, like vaccines. Not to mention, there isn't a single legitimate scientific study (that isn't a super small sample size, purely correlational, that has proper controls, etc.) that finds that vaccines CAUSE autism. Not trying to start a big flame war here, but sheesh. I really wish more...
Are there any naturopaths in your area that might offer separate dtap shots? We see a regular pediatrician but do shots through our ND as her office offers the best options vaccine wise.
Delayed/select vaxers: Did you do the polio vax? I am on the fence. On the one hand, it is incredibly rare to nonexistent in this country, but I live in an area with a lot of international transplants and travelers (Seattle) so it could only be a plane ride away. On the other hand, the ingredients of the vaccine give me serious pause. My son is 5 months old on Wed and so far has had 2 doses of Dtap and HIB and Prevnar 13. We do one vax at a time, 2-4 weeks apart.
Our ND advised us if we were going to selectively vaccinate, this was the most important after Dtap. She said it's relatively common, and has a rare but possible potential to cause meningitis which can cause brain damage. I am a SAHM but I have a toddler who goes on playdates and a once weekly co op preschool program, and I wasn't willing to take the chance with our younger son (5 mo now). We chose to do Dtap, Prevnar and HIB.
that link doesn't work. can you repost?
Just joined 3 days ago...50+lbs to lose. Anyone else in the same boat?
Bump?
Bump?
Bump?
Daptacel is a very good brand for dtap...curious, why do you prefer Infanrix? Our naturopath office Carries daptacel exclusively.