or Connect

Posts by MamaBice

vTech makes cases - I saw them at Toys - R - Us  
My husband is starting his new job in Minot tomorrow (yay!) and my son and I should be following him up there by October - but for now we are sitting in MS. U-Hauls for a cross-country move are not cheap, lol. I just wanted to say HELLO! I am part of a few Minot groups on FB (bosom buddies and natural families), but I wanted to say Hi here too. I want roots set down before we get there and some other moms to talk to. :)  
PLEASE LEARN TO TALK LIKE....YESTERDAY! I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU AND WHY YOU TURNED INTO A MONSTER TODDLER TODAY!!!!! Okay, I feel better now.  
I love Maxi Dresses for summer. They are comfy and easy to BF in, and a necklace and a pair of sandals makes them cute for going out the house. I call it my "chic moomoo". lol. I have always been a jeans and t-shirt/tanktop girl, so not much has changed there. I like loose sweaters/hoodies in the fall/winter. Being able to easily BF in whatever I'm wearing is a big thing for me. For me, the biggest thing that helps me not feel frumpy is not what I wear so much as...
I also use bath time to pick up in there, at least once a week. :) I picked one day a week to change all the sheets in the house - Tuesdays. Then I wash all the sheets and towels on Wednesday. I try to do a load of regular laundry every day other than Wednesday. I take a break on Sunday from laundry. I make sure to vacuum EVERY day in the play area - just having a clean, non-crumb filled floor makes me feel accomplished. I vacuum during clean up time before...
I do all the cooking, cleaning, and laundry. I pay most of the bills and keep track of the budget. I do 99% of the grocery shopping. In return, DH works hard at his job, takes overtime, and on Saturday, lets me sleep in and takes over toddler duty. :) That is a huge pay off for me. That one day to sleep in makes me feel normal. :) I felt overwhelmed until I found a system. It's not crazy, but it helps. Change bed sheets on Tuesdays, wash all sheets and towels on Wed....
I had to stop working when I was around 12 weeks. I had severe HG and my job could not make concessions to help me (I worked at Universal Orlando). I felt *a lot* of guilt about stopping work so soon - after all, I wasn't a "SAHM" yet, right...I had no kid yet. Then I realized that I did have a child - in my womb. And that I had to do what was best to take care of that child instead of killing myself at work and not getting the HG under control. I did a lot to get...
19 months with my one kiddo. :) Hoping to a while longer with him, and just as long with any future children.  
Thank you so much!
My husband just left to go to ND for a new job, and my son and I will be following soon. I know there is a midwife or two that practices there, but for the life of me, I can not find a current name/number/email for anyone there. If anyone knows of a midwife in or around Minot (or who would travel there) could you pass on the information for me? I know that Minot does have hospital based midwives (who I have heard great things about) but I seriously can not step foot...