or Connect

Posts by Butter

We use Calvert School. Great program, nearly everything you need comes in the box, and the lessons are all planned out and ready. http://www.calvertschool.org
You may be able to produce milk again, but he may not remember how to latch on and nurse. Of course you could always pump and he could drink it from a cup if that is the case. My daughter asked (after 10 months of being weaned) in April to nurse and I let her, but she had completely forgotten how to latch on.
We live in an apartment and love it. We had a house once. I never, ever, ever want to own a house again! I love how when the drain was slugglish and slightly clogged in one of the bathtubs, we just called maintenance and they came and fixed it. Had we owned the place, we'd have been responsible for fixing it. Not having a yard is a bonus for us. Mowing is a big problem for my husband's allergies and I simply do not mow. My husband's workplace is less than 1/4 mile...
Speaking of McDonald's food taking forever to degrade... When my brother was 16 he was the passenger in a car and there was a freak accident (car going 15 mph and the brakes locked and the car flipped). He and the driver were fine, but it just happened that my brother, in a fit of brotherliness, had purchased a 20 piece Chicken McNuggets to bring home to myself and my sister. Well, the windows were open when the car flipped and the McNuggets flew out of the car. Most...
Don't forget that you may think she is not paying attention but in reality she is learning quite a bit. After all, it's how she's been learning since birth.
Definitely not too much! Miss A announced she was done nursing when she was 3 years 5 months. Up until that point she was still nursing once to ten times a day! At 9 months she was nursing every 1 1/2-2 hours around the clock. Literally. Mr. Man was nursing 8 times a day (every three hours) at 9 months. Of course 6 months later he was nursing 1 1/2 times that for some reason.
Miss A nightweaned at 15 months with a little help (I was pregnant). Mr. Man nightweaned on his own in June of this year. He was about 2 years 10 months when he nightweaned.
My daughter has a lovely Hispanic Bitty Baby, My ILs gave it to her when she was 10 months old. She picked that one out repeatedly by pointing when shown the picture with all the dolls. We're white, but Miss A has always been attracted to people and dolls of non-white races (she just recently got a wooden dollhouse and chose the black family). I've seen non-white dolls at Toys R Us and Target. I've seen more, though, at independent toy stores, especially ones that...
Add us to the TV Free masses. We have one little TV and a DVD player and a VCR. We don't have cable or satellite and no rabbit ears either so we get nothing but static on our TV. We are seriously considering getting rid of the TV completely. The biggest thing stopping us is the kids love to watch the Come Read With Me and Melody Lane (reading and music courses from Calvert School) videos. My husband says he could hook the VCR to the computer so they could still...