or Connect

Posts by HiMumumum

Thank you, I've been thinking about taking an online course so I can work towards finishing my B.A. I only went through 1 semester before I became pregnant.   The biggest and maybe only reason I stay is because I'm able to stay at home with my daughter. I feel like that's the most important thing for me to do as a parent, right now, while she's so young. The bad times are not often enough that they outweigh my desire to be with her. Does that make sense? Maybe not,...
Thank you. I feel like the finances are why he never married me. I feel like if we were married then there would be actual consequences for him if he pushed me to the point where I have to leave. Since we're not married, he doesn't have much to worry about.
I do. I'm a young SAHM to an 11 month old daughter. My partner (together but not married... that's another issue!) is 28 years older than me and obviously much more established than I am. In short, he owns a very successful business and makes a lot of money. He owns the house we live in and the car I drive. The majority of the time we coexist peacefully but there are the times when he is just downright emotionally abusive towards me. At these times I feel like I have to...
Hey, I just went to my HB MW for well woman care and she told me that if I had normal Pap results, I would be good for another 5 years. I just googled it to check and I saw that the recommendation now is every 3-5 years. 
I thought he was very compelling in front of the camera. Really passionate and informed. That was just my impression, though. If that were me I would be full of uhhh's and ummm's but for lack of a better phrase, I thought he was spittin' hot fiyah!
I did not have the patience to wrap my daughter past the newborn stage. I bought a ring sling and even that was too much "fiddling" for me. I own a Beco Gemini (very similar to the Boba, I believe) and I love it. I love having the ability to put her in and out of it in a snap, literally. I wish I had this when she was a newborn. I feel more comfortable nursing in the Gemini than I did a moby wrap. I don't know if the Boba has this capability, but with the Gemini you can...
Mom2Tatum, I am right across the street! I've just never thought of going there since my daughter isn't full on walking and I wasn't sure if she was too young to enjoy it at almost 9 months. I know they have a new mom's group that meets weekly but I read on the website, I think, that it's only for babies 0-6 months. I might just go in to check it out, though.    Psulalie, I've never heard of Mom's Club International. I will google it, thanks! I didn't think of trying...
Ooooh thank you guys for the ideas. I'm going to google them all.   I've been wanting to go to the Philly LLL meeting, also, but the time is smack dab in the middle of morning nap time! We'll get there one of these months...
This sort of feels like I'm writing an awkward personals ad but anyway... are there any Philadelphia moms and babies looking to hang out? I'm a first time mom in Chestnut Hill with a 8 month old daughter. We just moved here a month after she was born and I still don't know anyone in the area. My daughter is really social so I feel like I definitely need to get out there more and find some baby friends. Has anyone ever been to the moms group at the Nesting House on...
I know you posted this 2 weeks ago but I went through something really similar with my babe. I just remember it was really hard because people would get mad at ME for not going far from home and not wanting to cause my daughter undue stress. They would say things like, "Oh, just put her in the car and go!" She has outgrown a lot of this at 8 months but I don't think I ever encountered someone who really understood that I just could not do these things. It's hard! People...