or Connect

Posts by momof1sofar

Brooke, I'm so sorry this happened to you, but you are doing a good thing for breastfeeding mamas everywhere. I just sent this letter to Mr. Scanlon and copied all the relevent folks on the contact page. Dear Mr. Scanlon, I am writing to express my disappointment in your recent comments regarding the illegal interference with a nursing mother (Brooke Ryan) by Applebee's restaurant employees in Lexington, KY on June 14, 2007. Unfortunately, ignorant employees and...
Quote: Originally Posted by LolaK Well, big on opinion and hooey. Good for you that hormones associated with nursing haven't damped your sex life. For some women that just isn't the case and I can assure you it is not "in our minds." The whole "more then an animal thing" I am not even going to address because it is so obnoxious. Thank you!!! I hope the OP has more luck with the hormone issue than I have, but if she doesn't, I hope she...
Quote: Originally Posted by gabysmom617 If you need to be on a certain medication for whatever reason, get yourself a dr. Hale's book. Most doctors r clueless and will tell you to wean/pump and dump (which can create whole entirely new problems) unecessarily for certain medication simply to cover their own behinds because they don't know. Dr. Hale usually DOES know, so get you a book and keep it with you. or, go to his website and keep it under your...
Oh, mama. I'm so sorry that you're going through such a frightening time! I will be sending lots of positive thoughts your way. Hang in there!
Thanks for bumping the thread! Oh, IansMommy - what was your brother thinking? Gifts are so hard - my sisters and I really try to avoid giving physical objects, even consumables. You wouldn't believe the boxes of petrified chocolates, etc. we've found in the hoard from past gifts. Ugh! We give gift cards for necessities like gas or groceries, or take her out to dinner - although even that produces leftovers which MUST be taken home so that they can rot in the car or...
DD2 is 14 months and nurses 5-6 times a day. In the past few days, she has consistently had *bright* green poop - kelly green, I'd call it. I've seen green poop caused by foremilk/hindmilk imbalance, and this doesn't look like that. The only thing different in our diets is that I've been drinking red kool-aid. I know too much red dye can cause green poop - but would it transfer via the breastmilk? I'm going off kool-aid to see what happens, but I was curious what...
Quote: Originally Posted by LuvMyLittles Because of this and other control issues, my dc's and I are moving away. He refuses to see a counselor of any kind and I refuse to raise my babies in an envronment that is scary because of the piles of crap and because of emotional/physical abuse. ..... I may sound harsh as it is probably a mental disorder causing this, but I can't help and keeping the kids here is just plain scary. We can't live in this and...
Quote: Originally Posted by IansMommy Honestly, my mom would be so pissed if I did this. She would take it so personally. This is what we thought, too, especially since she usually gets huffy if we even mention "the House." We really expected her to just walk out and never speak to us again. But we'd reached a point where something had to be done, if not by us, then by the authorities. Her physical safety is at risk. I think 2 things...
Just a quick update... my sister and I have been seeing a therapist to strategize how best to confront my mom about the house. A few days ago, he, my sister and I all staged an intervention with her. I was so scared! I really thought she would never speak to us again. It went much better than expected. I wouldn't say she participated in the conversation, but she did listen and we were able to drag the occasional response out of her. Having the therapist there was...
My mom's garage is CLEAN!!!! So far, she seems ok with it - only a few "Where is this random, useless item?" questions... :