or Connect

Posts by momof1sofar

Hi ladies! My OB appt is Wednesday, so I'm looking forward to that. I have been having LOTS of BH, and it has me a little worried since I experienced early labor last time (stopped with meds). I'm also considering hiring a doula. Has anyone else used one? I'm planning a hospital birth and want to be more "in charge" of my experience than I felt the first time. $400 seems like a lot to spend when it will have to come out of our not-very-robust savings, but I think...
It's great to read everyone's updates! I don't think I posted the results of last week's U/S. The measurements all looked good although a week behind what I think my EDD is... closer to the original estimate from the 6-wk U/S. I still think I'm going to go around the 22nd. And it's a.... girl! Probably. Well, maybe. She was sitting upright in my pelvis with her legs crossed, so we didn't get a good "parts" view like we did with DD. Basically, we couldn't...
I don't think I've ever posted in this forum, but I do read it daily. I just wanted to say thank you to the owners/mods for having this forum, and THANKS to all the wonderful folks who post here. As a PT WOHM, I do find that there are challenges unique to our situation, and it's so great to hear others' ideas, suggestions, and support. I'm sad that others feel the need to be judgemental of any parent's choices, but I'm glad that there is this relatively safe haven...
I laughed out loud when I read that "poll" in the OB's office. If those couples are being truthful, I'm happy for them. Our experience has been a lot different. We went from almost daily (sometimes more than once a day) pre-baby to practically not at all during the infant period. It got slowly better as DD got older, but honestly my desire never really returned. I nursed DD for 22 months, and I really think that suppressed my libido. Then I got pregnant, so that's my...
Quote: Originally Posted by MonkeyPrincess Oh, me too! I'm thinking girl, and we'd like a traditional, yet not popular name. Sophia/Sophie Gwendolyn Our first daughter is Gwendolyn, and we get lots of compliments on her name. This is a great thread! We're trying to find another traditional, not-too-popular girl's name for the baby on the way. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.
Hi ladies, I love reading everyone's updates! Sorry I haven't been better about posting my own. I've been feeling lots of baby movement, too, and DH is pleased that he can now feel some of it. No hiccups yet, but DD had lots of them and they were so fun. I'm feeling a lot better these days but still not gaining weight. The nurses at my OB's office are unhappy about that but the doctor doesn't seem worried. I am eating more normally now, and trying hard to add...
Most likely it's a cyst or a lipoma - a harmless fatty tumor that most people get at some point. It's always good to get any unusual lumps checked out by a doctor, though, to rule out anything more serious.
I get the spacey feeling with my worst migraines. Years ago, when I first got them and wasn't on any treatment at all, I would sometimes hallucinate. Now, it's mostly a feeling that I'm thinking in slow motion, and that words sometimes just can't make it from my brain to my mouth. It's very much like the time my blood pressure crashed once. I do think the Imitrex helps with the spacey feeling somewhat. Honestly the best thing for me is to get myself into bed and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jordansmommy I often feel like I am just a set of boobs to my DD. ...... DH gets a lot of hugs and kisses and snuggles but DD rarely lets me just cuddle her without then turning around and demanding nay-nay. I was wondering if anyone else feels this way, and if weaning helped. I definitely felt this way, too. My DD was 22 months when she weaned, I was in the process of gently cutting back on nursing sessions...
Second on the chiropractor idea! Sorry I didn't mention it in my post. I started seeing a chiro as needed when I stopped my preventatives to get pregnant. If I'm getting lots of migraines, I go in for an adjustment. I usually have a slamming one the next day, but then I'll be better for weeks or even months... they'll go from daily to once a week or so. I find that this treatment, combined with an abortive like Imitrex when needed, has replaced my preventative...