or Connect

Posts by momof1sofar

Thank you, ladies, for your support and peaceful thoughts for Jaya. I think her death was particularly poignant because it came just days before the group marked the 1-year anniversary of another child's passing. Losing anyone is hard, but the young ones are hardest. I'm following all of your updates with interest, and sending lots of healing vibes your way. I saw my onc today, and I don't have to go for another checkup for 6 months. And maybe no more MRI's unless...
I used to occasionally get migraines without head pain, but mostly when I was on preventative meds. I have read about what you describe, though, and it's not common but it does happen to some people regularly. I read a great book on headaches when I was first diagnosed; I'll see if I can dig up the title for you. As far as the Imitrex goes, like any drug it does have some risks, although side effects don't bother most people with it. The good thing about the triptans...
Is it possible his accusing you of wanting to hurt the baby is transference? If he's having thoughts of hurting her and can't handle it, he may be projecting them onto you. Please get out. I am so scared for you and your daughter after reading this post.
Hi everyone, Thanks for thinking of me, delphinus. I'm feeling down today because we just lost one of the kids on my sarcoma list. Her name was Jaya and she was only 14. She successfully fought cancer as a child, but the radiation caused a sarcoma years later and that was too much for her body to fight. She was such a beautiful soul, and passed peacefully with a smile on her face. But it is still so hard to accept. I'm sorry to be such a downer, I know this thread...
Please always get any suspicious lumps or bumps checked out by your doctor. 99% of the time, it's nothing serious, but you don't want to risk the 1% chance that it's a problem.
Hi ladies! What a wonderful support thread you have going here! I just wanted to say that I have read your posts and am holding all of you in my thoughts for healing and strength, and continued good health for those of you who are OT. Shortly after the birth of my DD, I was diagnosed with MFH, a type of sarcoma (rare). Luckily, the tumor in my arm was small and I was diagnosed early; a lot of sarcoma patients are misdiagnosed for years. I had 2 surgeries to get...
My first time in the TAO forum yesterday, I stumbled on this thread and didn't have time to reply then. I would not consider myself AP (not mainstream either), but I find a lot of great information here and lots to think about. Someone on another board recommended MDC because I was EBF and having some problems, and I've stayed for the Parenting and Pregnancy forums. If I said "I'm not AP" in a post, it would be as a disclaimer so that folks who wanted to could take my...
We do... and we worry about it every time. But we would worry equally about not vaxing.
Thanks, that does help. We don't really have occasions to cross a street often, so she's not had much opportunity to learn about them. The street in front of our house is pretty dangerous with lots of folks speeding. I really think she was more wanting to run around the yard, but it just scared the crap out of me to even see her head that direction. I'm struggling with how to give her a sense that a situation is dangerous without making her fearful. She's such a...
Catherine, I am so sorry for your loss. I'll be holding your family in my thoughts...