or Connect

Posts by MommyRuth

My brain has stopped functioning for the most part. At least 30 times a day I think of something, then forget it immediately. It's frustrating, but nothing is that important, so I'm trying to let it go. It's the worst it's been the entire pregnancy.   I also feel like my baby is trying to push his way out through my barely dilated cervix. It's just a little uncomfortable. He has a strong head.   I AM glad that the migraine I had last night and all day is finally...
Being a single mom is tough. I did it for 5 years. It sounds like your ex is a lunatic and should definitely give up his rights. I wish DD's dad would do the same! It's hard, but at least YOU get to make all the decisions when it comes to raising your children. But you never know what could happen! I was NOT looking to meet anyone when I met DH and now we're married and about to have a baby! You've made it so far with one child, you'll figure out how to balance 2....
I'm afraid I jinxed myself yesterday by saying how great I still felt. I'm 37w5d and woke up with major achy hips. I feel like his head is pressing on a nerve and it's hurting my right hip. I also feel like he's dropped more. ALMOST the bowling ball between my legs feeling, but not quite. I also slept incredibly poorly last night, so I'm super sleepy today. I warned DH that I plan on doing nothing today except going to my chiro appt later. Even driving to pick DD up from...
I'm a little worried DH won't be the support I imagine he will be. We haven't taken any classes. I do have some stuff I want him to read, so that should help. He reads me VERY well normally, and I was super confident that he would be able to in labor, but suddenly I'm not as certain.   I'm concerned that DD will be jealous or have a hard time adjusting. She's been the only one for 6 years.   I'm also concerned that it'll be hard to find time to do the exercises...
I agree that our babies are comfy! I just don't feel like mine is going to be ready terribly soon. I'm 37w4d and people are starting to ask when I'm due and commenting on how enormous my belly is. Today I told a woman that it'll probably be at least 2 weeks and she disagreed! lol I guess time will tell :-) I'm not feeling rushed about it. With DD I was SO done being pregnant at this point, but this time I'm really still enjoying it. I feel pretty good. Mostly just tired,...
These are such beautiful photos! What a lovely family. http://birthwithoutfearblog.com/2013/03/18/breech-twin-birth-without-fear/
But once your baby is born, you'll have the best pink eye remedy ever-breast milk!!!! I used it on my daughter and myself every time we had pink eye and it's painless and works amazingly well!!! I know several other mothers who have done the same thing. You could squirt some in everyone's eyes as a precaution :-) Plus, baby will be drinking the milk, so she'll get even more protection that way.   I'm sorry you have pink eye at your house. I hope everyone is done with it...
We're at the point of being ready that if baby decides to be born today, we have everything we need! We haven't bought cloth diapers yet, but we know where we're going to get them (at a local, woman-owned small business) and what brand we are gonna get (Blueberry). We are gonna use Seventh Generation disposables for the first week or 2, then we'll switch.   A story some of you will appreciate: We had our home visit with our midwife's assistant last Friday. Baby is...
I'm so glad my husband was against circumcising our son, even though he was circ'd as a baby. The way I view it is that it's not my body, therefore it's not my choice to remove a functioning body part. A daughter could develop breast cancer some day, should we remove all breasts from newborn girls just to prevent the possibility of breast cancer? Of course not! Then why remove a part of my son's penis (which is full of nerves) to possibly prevent something that could...
Gorgeous mamas!!!!!