or Connect

Posts by mandak78

I made Seven sling and I'm so glad I didn't spend the money on a real one. I really dislike it. I'll be cutting it up and using that fabric for something else! I love my Moby wrap. I also love my Ergo, though I didn't have it when either of my babies was small. I do know it's got an insert for newborns. But I loved how the Moby snuggled baby so tight to my chest. And there are different options for carrying, so that's nice.
I have a roll of freezer paper (the plastic-backed kind) that I bought for my 3 yr old son to paint on. Probably not the most environmentally friendly thing, but great because the paint doesn't make the paper soggy and I can tear off a huge piece and let him go nuts. Anyway, the finished paintings make great gift wrap. He loves to drive his toy trucks through the paint and leave tracks, or roll through puddles of paint with a rolling pin (aka a piece of pvc pipe or wooden...
Ok well we are doing all that too. I've tried to be really careful with how I word things. I try not to make things her fault when I can't do something he wants. I've had several friends say to bite him back or hit him back but that just doesn't sit well with me. Is it bad that I kinda hope a kid will bite him or kick him so he'll learn what it feels like? I don't want him hurt, but some natural consequences would sure be helpful here!
Bear with me, I'll try to keep this to the point, but my level of frustration is way up there. My ds will be 3 this month and we have a 5 month old dd. For her first 4ish months, he was great with her, if a little over-affectionate. But now he's turned into a completely different child. In the last week he has bitten (several times), hit, kicked, pinched, poked his fingers in her mouth, drug her by her shirt, stepped on her... the list goes on. I'm a SAHM, he's never been...
Our favorites tend to be the ones that sound inappropriate. Backwards was "ba-tards" for a long time. Truck was, well, you know what truck sounds like. And he likes to tell people that his papa works in El Paso, except he calls it "Ass Paso."
Oh this drives me nuts. No, I'm not perfect, and yes, we do sometimes have frozen lasagna or fast-food, but I try hard to keep it to once a week or less. Our son was 2 years old before he'd EVER tasted fast food. Now he's nearly 3 and he knows what it is, likes French fries and corn dogs, but he knows those are special treats. But I know plenty of people who raise their kids on a diet consisting of less than half real, cooked food. When I was teaching, I had a student who...
Heck, I know a woman who was told this just last year! Makes me so mad! Her baby wasn't gaining and wanted to nurse too often, so the Dr told her it must be that she didnt have enough milk fat. Never mind that she put the poor kid on a 4 hour schedule almost immediately... :/ I tried to share some internet resources, but she didn't feel it was reliable info.
My mom breastfed us both. My sister for 9-10 months (when she self weaned, probably due to too much food and cow's milk), and me for about 2 yrs, when mom decided it was time to be done. It has definitely made a difference in the way I parent my own kids. It's normal (and kind of expected) for the women in my family to nurse. I bf my son for 27 months, and our daughter has a good start at just 3 months. Nobody on my mom's side of the family has ever questioned our...
I'm still going with my 21 month old mostly because he's not ready to quit. Not even close. It calms him, comforts him, and makes his days better. I'm thinking of weaning, but he's gotta be more willing first. Plus, it fills the gaps of his picky toddler eating. I never imagined we'd be doing this still, but I can't imagine all these months without it now.