or Connect

Posts by k8hinote

Wait... What? A monthly fee for what? I've never heard of such a thing. Don't they make enough money off of us already? Plus, everyone is paying for at least a portion of their insurance at this point. Ugh.
Thank you!!!!   I think we may have found a family doctor that's not too far from us, that has agreed to see our little one when he gets here.  If that doesn't work out, I will definitely look into this doctor.   I so appreciate your recommendation!
Yeah.  Just well visits or whatever.  Weighing, etc...   Thanks.  I will see what I can figure out.  :)
To the OP - I am new here and extremely disappointed that I have to see such judgment so early on in my MDC experience.  People come to these boards for support, encouragement and information.  I think it's safe to say that, while you are entitled to your opinion, your post is unnecessary.  You are not going to change anyone's mind with your opinions, which is precisely what you've stated.  You've done your research and chosen to believe what you've read.  People who...
Yeah.  People keep telling me I'd be better off just going to a family doctor, but I don't even know where to start with that.  I'm sure not all family doctors will see infants.  I pretty much have no idea what to do at this point, other than just find a doc who might lecture me about vaccinating, but let me get away with refusing.  Doesn't make for a very enjoyable experience when you're new at this and already very anxious.  :(  
The link didn't work, but I did the search and it didn't really help.  :(  I'm starting to get really discouraged and I'm running out of time.  It's a hard thing to talk about with just anyone too, so I have to be careful who I approach for recommendations.  I actually got a recommendation from a doctor friend who insisted that this particular pediatrician would listen to us and not push us.  When I called to schedule a meet and greet, the first thing they asked was if we...
Awesome. Thank you! I had figured out the subscribe part.  Off to investigate other areas!
Okay, so I have to imagine this has been posted numerous times.  I can't believe I'm the only one that's had problems with this.  I'm new here, so please forgive if this is a dupe post.  I didn't see it in recent threads or a search.   We cannot find a pediatrician who does not pressure to vaccinate, and some won't even see us unless we vaccinate.  Can anyone recommend a pediatrician in the Royal Oak/Troy/Warren/Madison Heights area (and surrounding) that will at...
Thanks!  How do I actually "join" my tribe though?  I've been perusing the forums and see the Indiana, Michigan, Ohio one and read through some stuff, but is there a way that you actually "join"?
Hi all!  My name is Kate and I'm not only new to this community, but I'm about to be a new Mom.  I'm 35 years old, due in 4 weeks with my first child and I am quite possibly the most anxious person I know.  :)   My husband and I are looking forward to bringing our son into this world in the most natural way possible and raising him to be respectful, curious, considerate and independent.   We live in Hazel Park, Michigan (a suburb just North of Detroit) with our...