or Connect

Posts by Shaunam

despite feeling like this is a place for ME away from the mainstream world, I cannot escape certain people. I'm aware MDC is a public forum, but it never occured to me that people in my life wouldn't do the decent thing and not spy on me! I'm safe in TAO though, right? So now I have to find a tactful way of telling someone I'm sorry she was hurt by some things I said, but she should have minded her own damn business in the first place. So this is just a...
I'm glad ya'll liked it, however, I've realized there's more to this whole thing and I've decided to delete this handle it a different way. ugh.
You got good advice about the dumping/washing, so I'll just tackle the family issue. When I first decided to CD, no one was supportive. My DH agreed we could *try* it but he honestly didn't think it would last. I explained I could resell if it didn't work out. He thought the CD butt looked silly at first but he got over it. I also changed 100% of the dapers and did 100% of the laundry, so it's not like it was really his decision in the first place. My mom tried...
Can clothes be saved and recycled for diapers if they've been washed to death in non-cloth diaper friendly detergent and fabric softener? I just want to know before I start the time-consuming and energy-wasting process of stripping. My sister gave me a bag of clothes and some of the stuff would be great for diapers (80% cotton velour pants mmmm....) but omg you should see how they wash their clothes! Thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by SAHMLamar SOOOOOOOO CUTE!!! So, how'd it work out? Keep us updated! It worked out so-so. My DS still tried to get the diaper off. He stuck his little fingers in the sides of the flap and started messing with the aplix. I saw him doing it so I reminded him to leave his diaper alone and he did. So it won't work for a toddler who *really* doesn't want to wear a diaper, but it may work for a kid who...
She's definitely too small for a large. Petites and mediums would probably both fit her. Petites just have a higher rise, so if she's short, you should probably get mediums. If you definitely don't want to bother buying diapers again, I'd get petites. They may come up a little high on her belly, but she'll grow into them before you know it.
1) That I didn't start from birth. 5 blow-outs a day for 2 1/2 months and so many ruined outfits. I thought I would be trying to do too much if I did cloth with a newborn. Little did I know, I was doing MORE laundry from the messes, not less. 2) That I wasted so much money on stuff I really didn't like. I sold most of it, but still, it was a waste. 3) That I didn't learn to sew my own sooner. I started sewing when DS was a year and I could have saved...
My sister has an evenflo convertible for her 1 year old DD. I'm not sure what kind it is, and I don't know where the manual is. It's new though. She got it like 8 months ago. Her DD is sleeping right now, so I don't know if her shoulders are at or below the slot it's at or not (the middle slots right now), but regardless, ***I need to know if you can only use the top slots for ff'ing on this car seat***.
So I'm bored and lurking on a mainstream board I used to post on and I saw these two things in ONE post. "I think ff is just as good" and then "I know that breast is best". She said she never considered ff'ing because she and her brothers were ff'd and perfectly healthy and the only way she'd consider bf'ing is if her child was unhealthy or born early because she knows breast is best. : WTH? So which is it? Either you know breast is best or you don't. Does...
Yeah, I didn't think it was really something they could control. Here's the pics: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shauna...e2.jpg&.src=ph http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shauna...e2.jpg&.src=ph http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shauna...e2.jpg&.src=ph I feel like such an outlaw! I did a search on yahoo and it was drybees, but it doesn't look like they make them any more. I didn't even find any on ebay. ETA: I forgot to give the details! It's a...