or Connect

Posts by Shaunam

So other than the spelling error, you approve? I figured I didn't spell it right, I was going to ask. Thanks.
What about what I just changed my siggy to here? I could leave out the amputative part in case it offends anyone. I think it touches on the human rights issues of circ but doesn't blatantly scream that it's about circ.
I know that the carrier seems like your best option right now, but have you tried a convertible seat? My DS also screamed and screamed in the car until I moved him into a convertible at about 3 months. He was like a differrent kid overnight. Most of the time he'd just conk out, but even if he didn't he would just sit there and play. I really think the bucket was uncomfortable for him for some reason. Maybe something simple to install, like a britax?
Maybe. Not the same birth board obviously, but maybe the same site. I guess the truth hurts more than having parts of your genitals amputated without pain relief. How cowardly. : My problem with this, is I can kind of see her point. Most people use their siggies to tell about themselves and their babies. Usually positive stuff. And it *would* be nicer if the place was more positive. Too bad so many people on there treat their child less than human (and I'm not...
I feel like an official intactivist now! The host of my bb e-mailed me and asked me to use nicer language. Ummm, circumcision isn't nice. How am I supposed to user nicer language? I can't remember exactly what my sig says, but something like "Intact genitals are a basic human right. blah, blah, blah something about ripping, crushing, and slicing parts of genital from babies is not a parental decision. It's his decision." Now I gotta respond to her without...
That's pretty interesting. So sad for the boy though. Imagine if he was just playing around and going on purpose. He might have thought he was being punished. I guess having your penis skin cut off would stop anyone from "playing around".
Of course, you should try to convince him it's safest. It's best if you both agree the extra cost is worth it so there's no hard feelings. But if he absolutely won't budge after you've presented him with the info? I personally would buy the seat I wanted and then take it upon myself to make up the difference by selling old clothes and toys on ebay or something. That's how we do it here. If I have trouble justifying a purchase to DH, I come up with the money...
I don't soak anything. I rinse particularly nasty diapers when the poop doesn't roll off, but that's it. You don't need to do anything differently and you don't need to justify it to your mom. Assuming there is a lid on the pail, I can't imagine any smell escapes anyways, if that is what she's worried about. Shoot, before we moved into the house we live in now, our diaper pail was right by the family bed and I never smelled anything. Now the diaper genie when we...
Quote: Originally Posted by firstkid4me Most WIC offices are worried that the women are going to sell the pumps. By 4-6 weeks, you're normally dedicated to breastfeeding, so they're more comfortable giving you a pump. Women could sell formula too, but there's no 4-6 week waiting period to make sure a ff'er is dedicated to formula-feeding. My point is, they should find a way for their breastfeeding moms to *have* decent hand pumps, not just...
Quote: Originally Posted by E&Gmommy I'll admit it.... I knew not to use regular velcro... but it's cheap and easy to get lol. I'm not joking though, the dipes have been through ummm maybe 5-6 washes and I'm gonna have to replace them.: See what I get for not listening lol Ah, live and learn...that's what makes life interesting!