or Connect

Posts by orangefoot

If it is a tight curve you can fold the tape in half and press it into the curved shape before you sew it on which may help. Are you turning the tape right to the inside so it can't be seen? Have a look at this tutorial for how to do this.
This may not be the case for the OP but may be some help to others - my fourth was a puker but it was always just foremilk that she spattered everywhere, not a creamy mix. I considered reflux and food sensitivities but it was block feeding that fixed it meaning we were finally able to get out and about and feed without worrying about someone elses's floors/carpet/walls/sofa!   Block feeding means not switching sides every feed but keeping to the same breast for a...
This morning when I was working I noticed my 4yo standing by the edge of the door then measuring where she thought her head reached to with my sewing tape measure. My 8yo has been perfecting her fragranced water spray and changed the lavender flowers for stalks and flowers today to see if that kept the water from going green. So far so good....   We have been making patterns with a kids shape thing I bought earlier in the week and we've been taking pictures of the...
Just keep combing. This sounds mad but here goes - t is hard to get eggs off hair but once they have hatched into tiny little varmints the comb will pick them up easily.   Mature varmints lay their eggs overnight so evening combing will catch any before they have a chance to get laying. Do you know where your dc got them from? If it is from somewhere they go regularly you should comb them as soon as they get home to catch any passengers they might have picked up...
This parental nudity question comes up every now and again doesn't it?   Dh and I both sleep naked and dh will put shorts on to go to the bathroom but I never do and never have done.   I have been naked around my children since they were born and my 18yo son will still once in a while talk to me in the shower or stand in the bedroom doorway talking while I get dressed. My 14yo has always been more private and he rarely does this but that is his choice and I...
Here in  the UK kids get chicken pox and it is just one of those things. Here, it is ok to go out once the scabs have dried and it is not unusual to see scabby kids out and about.
My eldest just turned 18 and at this point I think his teen years so far have been ok. When he was younger people told me I should just wait - my boy would not stay good forever!   We've had some bumps in the road when I have realised that we needed to bring him back closer to the family group and away from being out and about all day with friends. I have worried about him and hoped that everything I had 'put in' would be enough to keep him safe but generally he has...
  I offered this comparison in the context of the mothering.com forums    
I have just read an article about engagement in relation to home educating.   The writer says that not destroying a child's engagement with the world might be the defining characteristic of home education and be the most significant reason why autonomous learning is so much more successful than schooling.   He talks about that spark of interest a child might have, a tug of curiosity or passion that draws them in and leaves them wanting more. If children are...
Umm, substitute breastmilk for unschooling and formula for schooling and see if that helps.   People don't gently diss mamas posting in the breastfeeding forum and suggest that formula is the answer so I am confused as to why folks come over here and suggest that school is the answer.   I like to ask questions about unschooling of other unschoolers because I know where they are coming from and I don't have to explain or justify my decision (see numerous posts...