or Connect

Posts by wendelberry

Had our last midwife check yesterday at 2.5wks pp.  Little Silas has gone from 9-4 at birth to 8-13 two days pp, to 11lbs now!  It's no wonder as he seems to do hardly anything except nurse!  And I'm sure that keeping my diet high in ice cream is also having its effect....   Here's the little guy communing with his big sister.    
Great to see these pictures everyone!  Looking forward to more.     I should specify that java chip ice cream also has an important role to play here!
I'll share my favorite pic of Silas, trying on his new hat-- he's apparently not sure what to think of it.       He is a funny boy and it's great getting to know him b/c he's so much the same little person he was inside-- sharp heels, daily hiccup fits, and all!  At 2wks pp the big kids are still excited about getting a turn to hold him, which is sweet.  And except for very sore nipples (that YOUCH! at latch-on that I know will go away in the next few weeks)...
Sunmamma, YES I am looking forward to reaching the new equilibrium someday!  We will hold that hope in our hearts!  (Feeling liturgical since it's Advent!)     Heatdodge-- oh, I hope it's not PPD.   Motherhood is so crazy anyway.  I just finished changing three diapers in ten minutes, spilling half a gallon of hydrogen peroxide on my bed, screaming at the kids for getting at each other every time I go change the baby, and collapsing in tears with screaming baby in my...
So I looked up "controlling anemia with diet" and up came a picture of a big steak!  I could go with that!!     I'm glad to hear from another 4th-timer that the bleeding just goes on.  I'd kind of expected it to have stopped by now, but I am beginning to see that my expectations are just off.  Thanks so much for setting me straight on that!  I really appreciate the advice, thanks for taking the time--I imagine it's at quite a premium for you!   Now off to add...
Tekcez, I remember the days of 2 under 2.  Hang in there!  
Thanks for sharing-- maybe I just am trying to do too much.  That's very encouraging that you just got vertical yesterday.  I've been trying to lie down for half an hour several times a day since the birth, but that's obviously not enough!  Mine are older and should be easier, but since we homeschool they are here all the time, and DD4 and DS6 are often at each other while I'm trying to feed the baby or rest.  They are just now starting to realize that this is the new...
I'm finding it so frustrating how long the postpartum recovery is taking this time around.  I'm (only!) 36 but it's been four and a half years since my last baby.  Seems like it's taking ages for me to get back to normal this time!  My MW says to watch the bleeding and when it gets heavier it's a sign I'm doing too much... I thought I was done with it (10 days PP) but today I stood up after nursing Baby to blood running down my legs!  Yikes!     Guess I just have to...
Oh, I hope you get your window of happy baby soon!  That sounds so tough, thinking of you.   Just want to weigh in and say that the problem is less likely to be low supply than some of the other things that have been mentioned.  If she's not getting enough she'll want to nurse more, and that would build up your supply.  I know so many people who have given up on breastfeeding because they didn't realize that the baby always gets more out than the pump can, and...
Leafylady, I am so with you on the hormonal sobbing fits!!  I'd somehow forgotten that part of postpartum... luckily DH remembered from the other 3 and was ready with reassurances.  This time I've been freaked out about in one week, off the top of my head:  Baby is deaf and/or will develop cerebral palsy from jaundice; I have chunks of retained placenta; I have a uterine infection; Baby isn't getting enough to eat because I only had two days of engorgement (that worry...