or Connect

Posts by Kuba'sMama

Hello. My one year old is the fourth baby. He is a funny, active little fella. Life is busy, but I have to say I find parenting easier as time goes on. Busier for sure, but I'm not so worried about all the little things- how much he eats, how much he sleeps. It all gets sorted out eventually! Hmm. I'm not sure how to add the photos into the post... Help?
Hi. My oldest son has SPD and is particularly sensitive to noise. It is a bit trickyto find a balance. I can totally get why your son would hate the feeling of ear plugs, mine does too, but he hates noise more, ykwim? So if the noise is too much for him, he would choose the ear plugs over the noise. In movir theatres he wears headphones because he prefers them We have also tried to increase his tolerance a bit gradually so he is better able to cope without devices. I...
My 2 year old dd has regressive autism too. We have just started our journey over a month ago. Sincewe live in Ontario, the services are probably all different, I just wanted to say "hi" and I know how it ism
Hi. Our daughter was given an autism diagnosis in August, but also had genetic tests done. Hers was a regressive autism though and they are checking for all sorts of chromosonal, genetic problems (Rhett's for one). In your case maybe they are more interested in a sibling study? I know it is beneficial for scientists to check siblings who have the same disorder, since they already share so many genes, maybe be helpful to isolate the "autism gene"? I don't know for sure, its...
Beaglesmuggler I never check this thread because its so dead have you found midwives yet? I have used Midwife Alliance for 3 of my pregnancies and was very happy with them
I had a homebirth with my 3rd and a planned induction and epidural with my 4th (first epi ever). Like a pp said I was sick of the pain and just felt safer at the hospital. My 3rd dd was 9.5 lbs with a 40 cm head. There were moments during her long birth where we though we'd have to go to the hospital fully dilated (I was pushing for 5 hours). It was very traumatising, my midwife basically had to pull her out as I pushed. I had nightmares of the pain for months. When I...
We are just awaiting a diagnosis for dd. My mil has a lot of theories too. So far dd is "deaf" (umm no, her ignoring you is because she can hear you all too well) or "spoiled" (obviously no comment). "I do everything for her" and apparently that's why she's not talking, playing and has gross motor delays. This completely beside the fact that I have 2 older children whom I obviously managed to raise well enough not to have these issues. Its harder to educate her I find...
I have sort of been there when my first ds was born. We had just moved out together, I was 22, in school, working full time- then boom! I'm pregnant. And then I'm a stay at home mom. What did help me was joining playgroups, community centres and meeting other moms. It feels good to be part of a community. I would strongly advise you to get online and see what kind of programs your city offers I think the not wanting your baby is due to shock and depression (shock at...
Usually I feel better out than in so grab some snacks and go ffor a picnic (I keep most things I need in my van always- double stroller, diaper bag, picnic blanket etc). Sometimes we call up a friend and arrange a playdate/visit Make up some treats (healthy. and watch a movie Usually though when I'm having a not so great day I call up one of my mom friends and we get the clans together for a coffee and playdate. Cheers everyone up!
I feel done. After my second I still had that "one more" feeling. Then my dd was born and I felt complete. She was the perfect baby of the family, sweet and cuddly and spoiled lol. Then I got pregnant with a surprise 4th and was NOT happy. Cried most of my pregnancy at night. I wanted to go to school and start working after she went to school. I will still do it, but now it all moved forward yet again. I had my kids young and have been a SAHM for over 9 years now. I'm...