or Connect

Posts by Jay Braun

I put a lot on hold.   ON HOLD.   This period in my life where I do function as a stay at home, is very important to me. I do feel there being a societal lack of appreciation for those Mothers/Fathers who stay to raise their children, and I also can forget to appreciate myself.   Only in the last year had I revived the appreciation for my own personhood, in it I found parts of me that were always there. Creativity. I was about to complete an Album right before I got...
    Been reading Mothering.com for some time and it has helped me immensely when I needed answers to questions about pregnancy, birth and newborns. Not a normal/frequent poster or replier and yet I felt I wanted to share, since I am a Mother of a One year old.   My name is Jacqueline, my daughters name is Eleanor. Something that has come about in the last month is the confidence to have my daughter be babysat by my friends and family. Before I had felt too guilty...
Wearing my daughter since birth on public transit (I don't drive either).    She's 8 months. We take up less room, she's more observed by others than a stroller baby, lots of people talk to us on transit (this is a plus for me). I have come to pop her out of the carrier on longer rides so she can sit on my lap. Just get a good forward facing seat.   I'll take up two seats only when I have heavy groceries and a half empty bus, otherwise we are wedged in. My...
I hold yearly Mantras. Yearly Focus.   2012 was PATIENCE. Helped in the vast transitions that took place to lead to our birth.   2013 is HONOUR. After becoming a partner to my fiance, a Mother to my child, I need to rediscover myself. Honour myself and my true yearnings.   Wearing a Turquoise stone to strengthen this mantra.    
My own daughter is barely 5 months old, though I think often of what it is to grow into a woman. Something I'm doing myself.   After I gave birth there was a new respect for my body; its power and capabilities to create something so deliciously wonderful that I had no choice but to feel better about it. Although I still see the scars of my puberty. I grew so quickly, EVERYWHERE, that my skin shows the lines of many stretchmarks. But my puberty hit around 12. I...
Women Who Run with Wolves by Clarissa S. Pinkola-Etes, a fabulous read! With fairy tales, folk lore and the rights of passages for the female kind. A bit more higher level reading, but I believe girls can be given the challenge.   Also, I love this one fashion blog called Advanced Style Blog, It follows the dressing up of Elder Women, or "the advanced set". Its beautiful to study older women so that we have our whole lives to look forward to. It seems that young...
  http://amautibaby.com/   Support a lovely babywearing tradition. Custom made, from the women up North. A bit Pricey but would be easily passed around family and friends. Back Carry!   Image property of AmautiBaby.