or Connect

Posts by greenwitchymama

I am currently living with my sister. My nephew has had encopresis and is still pooping his underwear. While he may have some actual accidents sometimes, it's not nearly as likely because he's been on a regular laxative schedule for a couple months and has long streaks of time (up to two weeks) accident-free. The accident-free times coincide with whatever newest bribe system my overwhelmed and desperate sister has come up with. Both my sister and I are understanding of an...
Speaking of Jesus... has anyone here read the Maeve Chronicles? I recently finished The Passion of Mary Magdalene and it was EXCELLENT. I wish it was non-fiction, seriously. It was so incredible and I really delight in any paganized version of the life of Jesus. ;)
She's really enjoying all this attention I think. If it were me, I'd unfriend her and just keep our interactions related to temple only. I would stop responding and I wouldn't bother trying to get her to calm down or see my side. She obviously isn't interested in what you have to say--she's interested in drama and is looking for any excuse to escalate and continue fighting. Your relationship is not a close one and I don't think it's worth your energy to pursue this. (I...
    yes. more group hugs. The waxing moon seems to have bounced me out of my funk and I'm feeling a little better. I hope you all are getting the same!
I'm almost ashamed to admit this, but I'm really down today because I feel totally isolated with DS again. I feel like I have PTSD from his first year of life when I was alone so much so often and so exhausted trying to make breastfeeding work (we had invisible thrush for six months and I didn't know what was going on). And so now every time DH leaves to do something else (today it's homework, last weekend it was snowboarding) I just feel so depressed and alone. My son...
Our ritual went great!! We (me, my bestie, her two daughters age 6 and 7, and my son age 3.5) all got together and rolled the natural beeswax candles. Then everyone wrote down what they wanted to do for the year (DS said he wanted to fight bad guys with swords...) and rolled up the paper into seeds and planted them into a little pie pan full of dirt. Then we stuck the homemade candles in and did a little circle where we all faced each of the directions and grabbed all...
Happy Imbolc!   My friend and I are taking the kids to the park for our Imbolc ritual after we make some rolled beeswax candles. We may do a Starhawk Imbolc blessing on the kids before we go and then do a quick circle at the park. Part of me hopes someone asks what we're doing and part of me doesn't... How introverted shall I be today... 
Oooo I want to try that chili recipe!! And isn't there something you can add to beans or lentils or whatever to help keep gas away? ACV, maybe? I can't remember... I heard something about seaweed once too.    Our Imbolc is getting smaller and simpler as we deal with rambunctious kids, but we'll be heading to a local park on Saturday to do our ritual. It has this pretty stone wall labyrinth decoration thing that I figured we could walk through and then do a circle in...
Vydalea- I have tried growing in the ground, in containers, and in an upside down tomato planter. I've tried indoors and outdoors and in a sun room. I've tried South Carolina, California, and now Arizona. Nothing. I've got nothing. It's terrible. Every time I drag out the lots again or bring home yet another bag of organic compost mix from the latest farm tour, my husband just shakes his head at me and sighs lol For Imbolc I think we're going to make some little beeswax...
oops. double post.