or Connect

Posts by firsttimer2012

thank you for your response!   I am going to make an appointment with my OB soon, to talk to him about this. He had previously told me I'd need another section without even looking at my notes! I think he assumes most people would want one.
Hello moms,   I'm a mom of a nearly 2 year old girl. I am thinking of having another child but terrified of having another traumatic birth/EMCS experience.   My labor started spontaneously at 37 weeks 6 days, I was going pee at home and when I got up my water broke.   Wasn't sure what to do so called birth center and they said to come in.   They did the paper test and confirmed it was my waters that were leaking.   The contractions were sporadic and not super...
So my LO is 16 weeks old. She was ebf for 7 weeks. She has really bad reflux, colic and a milk protein allergy. bf was very difficult as she was nursing constantly but puking everywhere. after almost collapsing from exhaustion (feeding every 40 minutes because of her reflux) and not eating hardly at all for elimination diet, we gave up. she's as happy as can be on her special formula however i'm overwhelmed with guilt and failure. also have PPD. i'm glad i gave her the...
So I am thinking we will try for another baby.   My LO is only 3 1/2 months but I'm trying to plan this because I want to be done with TTC/pregnancy and etc. by the time I'm 33 or so. I will be 30 next month.   I had a rough labor, LO was in a transverse position after supposedly being head down, labor for 31 hours, infection, etc. emergency c section due to my high fever and her distress on monitor.   We also had a rough time with colic, CMPI and MSPI. It...
thank you for your response. I'm really hoping that I will feel better as time goes on. My family and friends have been more like, you're fine and your baby is fine, get past it. My DH doesn't even think I have PPD even though my therapist diagnosed it. She even went so far as to say she thinks PTSD after my delivery and hospital stuff and etc.   I have been very fortunate that my bond with my baby feels strong now. Even though we lost nursing we still co sleep,...
thank you for your lovely response.   I guess because it is all fresh in my head it just seems insurmountable.   My cousin just had a baby last week. I went to visit her since she gave birth in the same hosp. as me. I was telling her about my delivery and stuff. She had induction, epidural, etc and pushed for 2.5 hours they were almost about to call time on her and then she got the baby out. She made a comment that she was so "motivated" that she was able to do...
I am new here. This is my first post. My little girl is 11 weeks old. I had planned a peaceful, natural birth. Had originally wanted a homebirth but it is hard to come by in my area a good midwife who will do it. Anyway I loved my OB's office and the hospital Family Birth Center is beautiful and very naturally oriented.   I went into labor on my own with my water breaking at 37 w 6 days. I went in and they admitted me. I was having mild contractions for a long...
thank you for your post and the info   the people around me are nice but tend to just say, you're fine and the baby's fine, what's the big deal. so I have stopped talking about it.   I had wanted to have a natural birth so bad, I wanted to BF so bad, none of it worked out.   I just feel like a failure in many areas. I know that my baby is ok and the c section doesn't matter to her, formula is helping her thrive but it's still a real bummer   i will check...
I am new here. This is my first post. My little girl is 11 weeks old. I had planned a peaceful, natural birth. Had originally wanted a homebirth but it is hard to come by in my area a good midwife who will do it. Anyway I loved my OB's office and the hospital Family Birth Center is beautiful and very naturally oriented.   I went into labor on my own with my water breaking at 37 w 6 days. I went in and they admitted me. I was having mild contractions for a long...