or Connect

Posts by imbegliniel

I was just going to post a question about nightweaning twins, and I saw this! I'm in a similar boat, in that my twin girls are 13 months old, and I'd really like to get some more sleep and change our rooming situation. They are in separate cribs in our room, but we plan to transition them to their brother's (almost 3) room soon. I want to night wean them before we switch them into his room so they don't cause a row at night with waking to nurse. They currently wake up a...
Our twin girls shared a crib in our room till they were about 5.5 months old. By that point they were rolling on each other often, waking each other up at night, and keeping each other awake when it was bedtime. So we switched them to separate cribs, but still in our room. We plan to move them into their brother's room (so all three together) sometime in the next few months. They're 10 months old now.   Keeping them together when small helped us save space and worked...
My twin girls are almost 9 months old, and I have an older son who's 2.5. I found two rock n' plays to be very helpful for the first three months, especially once I was alone with all three kids and no one else could help hold the girls. The rock 'n plays were more like cradles than bouncy seats, so the girls could use them right from the beginning, and I liked that the rock 'n plays were higher off the ground--which meant the babies were more protected from Big Brother....
The concern is hip dysplasia (problem with hip coming dislocated). Breech babies are at higher risk. From what I've read, even if you have a c-section (and so don't deliver breech), if your baby was breech for a considerable period of time, there is a risk of dysplasia. Apparently girls (and especially first-born girls) are at higher risk than boys.  
Thanks for the feedback. Thankfully our Baby B's ultrasound came back normal and we don't have to do any repeat scans.
My Baby B (3.5 weeks old now) was born a footling breech, and she was transverse (and sometimes breech) in the womb during much of the third trimester. Our pediatrician wants her to get a hip ultrasound as a matter of routine because she was breech. I was wondering if any of you heard of this or had it done on your babies. To my mind, it makes more sense to be concerned about her hips if she was frank breech. But I can't find much info about this in babies actually...
I bought two preemie outfits last minute to dress our girls in when we came home from the hospital, since the ultrasound measurements indicated they were on the small side. They were born one day shy of 39 weeks, and they weighed 6 lbs 3 oz and 5 lbs 10 oz. Length-wise they were both around 19 inches, so the outfits were just too short. The newborn clothes were a bit baggy on them for the first week or so, but now at 3 weeks their arms and legs are getting a little long...
You asked for stories of good hospital birth experiences, so I thought I'd share mine of a couple weeks ago (my girls were born Feb. 17th)--perhaps it can give you some hope, even if it didn't go exactly as I had planned!   Our twins were my second pregnancy, and I had hoped to birth at a birthing center, but couldn't when we found out it was twins (illegal in AZ). The birthing center referred me to a doctor who is more naturally minded and will deliver twins...
My OB mentioned at my last appointment that she recommends I get the steroid shot for the babies' lungs around 32 weeks regardless of my risk of preterm labor, just in case the babies come early. (I'm 29 weeks right now.) She started doing a fibronectin swab at each visit starting at 26 weeks, and my understanding was that if the fibronectin came back positive, I should get the steroid shot--one between 26-32 weeks, and one after 32 weeks (but no more than that). So I...
Hi! I found this forum a couple weeks ago and have enjoyed learning some info about twins by lurking. But I figured I'd introduce myself now . . .   Name? I'll just go by my username for now. You and maybe your partners age at the birth? Husband = 27, me = 26 Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? Mono/di What number of kids will is be for you? 2 and 3. I have a 19-month-old son. Sexes? Will you be finding out? Girls! We weren't going to find...