or Connect

Posts by mykdsmomy

Thanks for responding I have thought about the progesterone cream for my luteal phase but I wasn't sure if I should try it or see if there was something I could take that would balance my hormones more naturally. I agree that the two week period stinks!!! So sorry you are dealing with this too
I don't know how much help I'll be but this was my experience: I had my GB removed 3 years ago. I had been having what I thought was "indigestion" for a few years prior (looking back, it was GB attacks). The U/S I had pre-op showed a GB filled with stones. After the surgery, the surgeon told my husband that my GB stopped working years ago and was "very sick". I was TERRIFIED to have the surgery but I was more terrified to deal with the pain and not knowing when the...
Something similar happened to my daughter a few years ago. She went by ambulance to the hospital a few times because she almost passed out from acute pain in her belly. She saw several GI's over the course of a few months. She was even hospitalized for several days with pancreatitis. One GI thought for CERTAIN it was Crohn's or UC even though dd didn't have ANY bowel issues (no diarrhea, constipation, etc). She finally agreed to a colonoscopy/endoscopy. One Dr....
I searched through threads before I posted this because I feel like I'm always starting new threads Anyway, I have a bazillion things going on with my body at any given time. I'm working on improving my diet (slowly but steadily). I know I have low progesterone because I was tested for this a few years ago when we were TTC'ing (I'm still dealing with infertility but I don't think it's entirely progesterone related). My periods have always always been horrible. Very...
Thank you both very much! Jane~ I hadn't even thought about eggs as a good source of fat/nutrients. He loves them and eats them quite a bit (although he goes in spurts with them). I'll check out the pastured eggs. We usually buy them from Trader Joes or Fresh and Easy....but not the Organic kind. I'd love to get food sources of nutrients in him but because he is such a picky eater, I find it hard to get even the basics in his diet. Off to check out the link...
I hope I'm posting this in the right forum I am looking for some supplements to give my son. He has Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder. I am currently giving him Carlson's fish oil (lemon flavor) but it's getting harder and harder to get him to take it every day (even disguised in juice is getting old for him). I bought some kids "Natural Factors 3 6 9" but he hates the taste of those too He loves gummy vites and takes those with no problems. I was hoping to find an...
Could you do some sort of work at home or daycare? If you cared for one child, you could make around $150 a week (that's the going rate around here anyway). If you watched two children, $300 a week.....which on paper seems like more income than a part time out of home job where you would still need daycare. I'm shocked too, that the military will not pay compensation for your DH while he's injured/recovering
I am in the process of re-doing our dining room/school room but I don't have a camera I so want to post pictures though so I'll see if I can get creative....I LOVE threads like this!!!
I'm in We did K12 virtual academy last year (9th grade) but we are hoping to get into a new charter/virtual school that allows us to choose our own curriculum. I'm overwhelmed right now at the choices so I'd love to hear what others are using....
Thank you so much for the input, Sara I've been trying to get back here all day to write a reply and this is the first chance I've gotten. To answer your question, yes, I am going to be a volunteer (a pioneer volunteer ) The director of research (for the whole hospital/university) told me that no one has done this before so they are sort of working with me. I have a lot of ideas/goals for this whole program but I'm not sure how they will all fit considering...