or Connect

Posts by mykdsmomy

Here's the scoop. I'm not actually starting a non profit. I'm starting an awareness campaign/fundraiser for research and treatment of Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders. I have the support of a large University and all funds will be funneled through them via a portal on my website (once that is up and running). I need to put together a proposal of sorts to email to them so we can begin the process of getting it approved (the website and material). I'll be paying for...
Thank you everyone for sharing Now I'm hungry DH says we can't do it this week but I'm hoping maybe next week. HSL~ You are amazing for getting such great bargains! I used to be good at clipping all my Sunday coupons, then using Grocery Game to get everything lined up for the week. Now, I find that I have such limited time to do that, that it may be better to just go to Costco and get it rather than trying to plan on coupons that I may not get to cut, then I wind up...
I hope I'm posting this in the right section. I am desperately trying to figure out how to make $200 a week stretch for a family of 6 for ALL of our grocery/household/personal needs. We've had both Sam's and Costco memberships in the past but currently have neither. I would like to clip coupons and do sale ads (which I do to a certain extent) but I have limited time to do so. What do you buy from the big warehouse stores that you feel are cheaper/more frugal than...
Quote: Originally Posted by elizawill my space is half a room. i have pix at my blog under photos. someone posted here a while back some fabulous ideas for spaces as small as a closet. i wish i had a link to it. it was amazing how one closet was so versatile. it not only served as a desk, storage space, etc, but it looked really awesome!!! maybe try to do a search for it?? it was from a magazine or something, but the ideas were...
Thanks everyone for the suggestions I have picky eaters which doesn't help either. I also try to stay away from dairy and eggs (me and my youngest especially because we seem to be intolerant of it). I LOVE cheese but it doesn't love me I bought some hummus and pita bread yesterday from TJ's. I wanted to get some different veggies to cut up too but it's a conscious effort on my part to LIKE veggies. I'm ok with carrots, cucumbers and celery but anything else,...
I am so sick of sandwiches, mac and cheese, noodles, etc. I need some new ideas for lunch. What do you all do to make lunch more appetizing? I'll take anything at this point...I just need fresh ideas
I was coming here to post a similar thread My kiddos are 15, 11, 10 and 6. My dh pulls in 60K a year too. However, our rent is $2500 a month (we live in So. Cal. and it's expensive!) We have lots of medical expenses too (two of our kiddos are special needs and the extra therapy, co pays, etc really adds up). We are in HUGE debt right now. We have mass amounts of medical debt that has snowballed and I have no idea how to even begin fixing our credit because it's...
Quote: Originally Posted by jen&james So I guess it will come down to if we get into the charter school. i just hope having a IEP doesn't affect their choice to accept us. If we don't get in I will have to contact my school district and ask if they will honor the IEP if I homeschool him. We live in CA but I'm not sure how other states do it. i have been told that for K I don't have to file any paperwork and I was just going to use the K curriculum i...
Quote: Originally Posted by SimplyMama Big long post wrapping up here...For me, step one in organizing a big family is a mental process...finding a vision. Why am I doing this mama, homeschool, AP granola thing? What am I trying to achieve? What should my ideal (present) home feel like? (My goal is a peaceful, cozy, nurturing, sunlit space with simple well loved things. Neutral, light colors. Stack of books, bowl of oranges, pile of...