or Connect

Posts by mykdsmomy

Quote: Originally Posted by shishkeberry I know this is unreasonable to expect of an almost 6 year old, but there it is. I had already been reading and writing for 2-3 years by the time I was his age. I know it's not fair to compare him to my younger self but I can't help but do it. First I just want you to know I have a ds the same age as yours. He is special needs and is learning very very very (did I mention very?) slowly. I understand...
Quote: Originally Posted by Smokering Debating, as in, wondering if there were Spiritual Issues with using herbs for fertility? Or debating for more pragmatic reasons? I definitely don't think God is anti-herbs, if that's an issue for you. it's a pragmatic thing. I just don't know if I want to add one more thing yet. I just started taking Zinc and Vitamin D. I figured I'll see how I feel with that first.
One more thing. It's funny how you bring up the story of Rachel . We've been dealing with secondary infertility for almost 10 years. This month I was debating whether or not to give some herbs a try (Chasteberry).
Thank you all again for sharing your personal experiences and thoughts on this. I know there are devout Christians out there who have had similar experiences to mine (and even more so). I also know I need to be careful that I'm not trying to turn this into something it's not. It also need not be an all or nothing issue. Maybe I am just uber sensitive to others feelings. Maybe I have an intuition that is stronger just based on my own life experiences that gives me ...
Thank you all so much for your caring replies. I have come to another crossroads in my life. I'm not sure if that word is even right but I've done a lot of growing and changing lately (for the better). I've made some strides in getting my house in order, my health taken care of and I've also lately had a "revelation" if you will about God's purpose for my life. When I was growing up, I never had huge aspirations to have a big career (like my peers did). I only wanted...
I have been wrestling with something lately that I'm hoping I can get some input on. I am a Jesus follower. I feel strong in my faith as a Christian. I'm not wavering on that aspect of it. I am however trying to understand how my *possible* psychic intuition fits into my faith. A little backstory: I have always been "sensitive". I feel extreme empathy for people. I've always felt that I was "different" in some way but couldn't really put my finger on it. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by ErinBird 5. Only eat "junk food" as often as you are willing to actually make it yourself. Wow, this one really hit me hard! I am so lazy about cooking/baking that I always buy my junk food (frozen pies, bag of candy, cake, cookies). I think this is such a great suggestion!
Thank you for responding and thanks for the links I am trying to gather recipes because I hate hate hate to cook I want to change that but every time I open a cookbook, I see things that I wouldn't want to make/eat. Your menus sound yummy though!!! Off to check out the links, thanks!!!
Can you all come to my house and bring everything you just listed? Seriously, it all sounds delicious! I'd love the Grape salad recipe
Quote: Originally Posted by SpuglyRoo I didn't realize that there was a meal planning forum, and I just posted this in another thread but here is ours: because it is starting to get hot and icky, our not having central air and my being 8 months pregnant necessitates quick cooking or no cook meals for the most part. Most of the chicken meals for this month I'll cook enough to use for a few days so I don't have to be heating up the house every night....