or Connect

Posts by mykdsmomy

Thank you both! I was hoping for something free I could print out. I've actually been searching all day! I stumbled upon some ideas here and there but I was hoping to find someone who has already done it with pics, etc You know how you stumble upon those blogs where the mom has gone through a unit study and has posted pics, ideas, resources, etc? I have found some for every subject EXCEPT seeds I like how some people will put up posters (similar to lapbooks...
Oh my gosh, you guys, I am sorry for posting yet another thread. I have been searching for a well laid out unit study for plants. I bought some seeds and herb plants and we are going to plant them and also start seeds in egg cartons. I would like a few worksheets for Boo to color/cut/paste as well to go along with our study. I can't find anything that is all put together. Suggestions? (again sorry for so many questions). TIA!
Thanks for the help I'm on the west coast (So. Cal). I have a backyard but right now we are dealing with cats and skunks so I don't want to put them out where they will get trampled or pooped on (had this happen to my blueberry plant). I was hoping to do it on my kitchen windowsill because I've ready so many good articles about indoor herb gardens. I even have a south facing window so I was hoping to use that. I also have a hanging pot on our front porch that...
I am attempting an indoor herb garden. the small round planters I bought were too small compared to the plants I bought. I was thinking of drilling holes in the bottom of a clear sterilite shoebox container (6 qt) and using it. It's about 4-5" deep. Would this work? Also, can I plant basil, cilantro, parsley and rosemary together? TIA
I knew I could count on all the creative minds here Thank you all for the wonderful ideas. This gives me a good variety. Boo has such a difficult time rhyming. He says things like "mommy, cat rhymes with Kuh Kuh Kuh calender!" I've explained rhyming and have given a bazillion examples over and over but he still doesn't quite grasp it. Part of it is his speech too. While he has a great vocabulary, he doesn't always use it due to him "pulling the wrong file"...
Lillian~ He's 6 (just turned 6 in Feb.)
My Boo is a non conformist Well, that's the nice way of saying he doesn't like sitting down and doing school He has some pretty significant learning disabilities (along with a difficult time focusing/sitting still) We've done Starfall and a few other sites like that but I need something that I can use almost subliminally (if that makes sense). He needs constant repetition to learn something new. Is there any curriculum or just simple ideas to drive home letter...
I'll jump in My *personal* opinion is that it's good to keep birth order. If your child in your home is 4, I would recommend adopting younger than 4. I only say that because from our experience (and our friends), it can be extra challenging to bring in an older child. Your daughter may have a difficult time adjusting to being the "younger" sibling (hopefully that makes sense). The other thing to keep in mind (and I have experience working with both LA and OC...
I'm in Ca. but in So Cal. I see you're in the bay area. It depends on the county to be honest. What specifically would you like to know? I'd be happy to offer my input on our foster experience
I haven't posted here in a while but was hoping to get a group going here for Beyond Consequences Logic and Control (by Heather Forbes). This book has spoken to my heart because it's how I feel most comfortable parenting my children. The fact that our youngest is adopted and has so many challenges has really led me to rely on this parenting method. I am in no way anywhere CLOSE to where I want to be as far as this method but it is my "starting point" so to...