or Connect

Posts by scarletsmiles

As a first time mom, I don't think I fully realized the enormity of takin care of a little person until my son was born. I thought, he's huge! And then, what have I gotten myself into?! I felt like I could do labor again if I had to, but not for a while! He's almost 6 weeks now, and I'm coming out of this newborn fog, hah. Perhaps I could do this newborn part again.   I feel like the last 6 weeks were way harder than a day of labor. I feel similiar to Buko,...
+1 You can do it!
Thank you for all the insights ladies! Looks like my little cub will be making a debut a little later. No more regular contractions and I'm not feeling the need to wear laboring clothes anymore.   LDoulaSteph - haha! I think you are right. The other day my mom told me she felt contractions for a day or two before the practically coming out in the car scene. *facepalm   GranolaMom - mw said to call back when I was having regular contractions, feeling them lower in...
Chocolatechip- Glad you got your curiosity appeased :) Delilah - Good luck over this weekend!   Any insights appreciated! Kinda frusturated.   So I went into triage Friday night with my mw. 90% effaced, baby was +1, regular contractions every 2-4 minutes for 8 hours or so. Looking like we are moving forward right? WRONG! 2 cm dilated. No change after 2 hours or so. MW, DH and I agreed it would be best to go home and see what happens. On the bright side, baby...
Another perspective on the GBS.   When I was 8 my youngest sister was born and contracted GBS from my mother. Screening was not routine at this time. Shortly after she was born she was panting and sobbing a little after every breath. Her various organ systems started shutting down within a few hours after birth and she had to be flown to Philadelphia children's hospital. She was on full life support for a week, ventilator and everything.* I remember seeing her in the...
MP- How are things going now? Thinkin about you, hang in there!   babytoes - your countdown's almost over :) I will say those cleaning outs are lovely! Never thought I'd be so excited to poop!   AFM - Saturday night I got blasted with an incapacitating vertigo and dizziness. DH said he'd never seen so much vomit. I was not relishing the idea that this might be what my labors are like. Especially for feeling overall pretty good in pregnancy I was worried. We did...
spughy - bahahah! If only Andrea would make stops outside all our windows. I'd even settle for Josh Groban.  
Chocolate chip - it was awesome to go through our closets and clear out old clothes. I totally agree it's nice to free up the space. DH had some sentimental shirts he never wears, but that he wore in high school. Perhaps the realization that he is going to be a FATHER was enough for him to be "huh, I really don't need this striped tommy hilfiger shirt anymore :)   Chapsie and Buko, good luck with finishing your respective room overhauls!   You all are blowin my...
Writermama -  Congrats on getting the kitchen! It's funny how your momentum can shift so quickly, but if the energy to get it done is there, how quickly it can happen. The freezer food is starting to become important to me, and I'm sure that'll be my next kick once I finish these other ones!   Strangest nesting urge?   Definately backing up our laptops.  I sprung on DH that I wanted to buy an external hard drive NOW! He was a little stunned since it really came...
Since we are all getting so close to our Labor Days, I thought it might be fun to reflect on our nesting habits :) I came up with some questions to get started. Add your own, or get sidetracked!   Strangest nesting urge?   What have you done the last week to prepare for baby?   What have you done that you were surprised became important to complete?   Any nesting that you found particularly useful?