or Connect

Posts by Awaken

I know this is an old thread, but thought I'd try bumping it before starting a new one!   How did it work out for those of you on the thread?  I realize it's been like 7 years!!  :)   I was just dx'd with sleep apnea and it's taken a lot of getting used to, physically and emotionally.  Glad to have a dx that has something to be done about it, but upset about the treatment and what it involves!  And knowing that I have something so potentially scary!   I am not...
Hi, maybe you have made your decision by now, but one factor you might consider is that Shady Grove has midwives who work there, while I don't think Mont. Gen. does (not positive on that...but never heard that they do).  So even if you aren't a midwifery client, you might find that some of the nurses there might be more used to supporting normal birth and how to facilitate that- such as being able to move around in labor, eat/drink, be with your baby immediately after...
Oh! Sorry for not being clear! For us there is only one winter break- at the end of December between Christmas and New Year's! I'm way too late to be planning this!
wow, I have not been on MDC for ages- I spent many years of my life on these forums and it feels good to be back :)     I don't know where else to ask this...our kids are getting a little older now and MIL has offered to take them for a few days over the winter break.  We have not gotten to travel much in our lives, and I realized this would be an awesome opportunity to go somewhere fun as a couple.  The problem is, of course at this point everything anywhere warm is...
Joining the discussion. I've been struggling with this for a couple years and its so good to know I'm not alone!
Well, it's finally happened.  I've been frugal and hung onto my food processor for probably 15 years or more, and it finally broke.  I'm ready to upgrade, but a Vita Mix is out of my budget.  What else do people recommend, that might cost a little less?  Mainly I make smoothies (would add more peels, seeds, etc if the machine could handle it, which my old one couldn't!), puree soup, shred cheese and veggies, but I'd do more with it if it had the capability.    Thanks...
Thanks!  I hadn't thought of hibiclens.  What is the cleaner used by the birth center?  Everything says "an EPA approved disinfectant" but no mention of exactly what brand or type that is! 
Thanks!  I hadn't thought of hibiclens.  What is the cleaner used by the birth center?  Everything says "an EPA approved disinfectant" but no mention of exactly what brand or type that is! 
Hi- I posted in the the other placenta thread, but starting a new thread as well-   Just curious what others use for sterilizing equipment and the work space when preparing placentas?  I use a diluted bleach solution, let it sit for 5 mins, then wash with hot water and soap.  I do this before, during as needed, and after.   I haven't taken one of the more well known training courses- what do they generally recommend for sanitizing?